Active-Control question

Axel Dahmen

Hi,

I want to program some "active" webserver controls. I.e. there is some piece
of JavaScript code supposed to be supplied with the user control to render a
rich dynamic client GUI. But I don't have a solution for the following:
Although I want to be able to place the control several times on the same
web page, the JavaScript source code (and probably dynamically generated
static lookup data) is supposed to be put only once to the page.

The user control should be fully self-contained, hence there should be only
one single class file to be programmed/maintained and only one single
element to be added to the page for each control.

Example: The JavaScript language does not provide date checking
functionality. I'd like to program an input box checking for a valid date,
considering leap years etc. The client-side code checking for valid input
should not be added to each and every user control, instead it should be
injected into the page only once. The code is event driven, hence I'll
always have a valid object reference.

Is there any solution available using ASP.NET user control facilities?

TIA
Axel Dahmen