Active-Control question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Axel Dahmen, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. Axel Dahmen

    Axel Dahmen Guest

    Hi,

    I want to program some "active" webserver controls. I.e. there is some piece
    of JavaScript code supposed to be supplied with the user control to render a
    rich dynamic client GUI. But I don't have a solution for the following:
    Although I want to be able to place the control several times on the same
    web page, the JavaScript source code (and probably dynamically generated
    static lookup data) is supposed to be put only once to the page.

    The user control should be fully self-contained, hence there should be only
    one single class file to be programmed/maintained and only one single
    element to be added to the page for each control.

    Example: The JavaScript language does not provide date checking
    functionality. I'd like to program an input box checking for a valid date,
    considering leap years etc. The client-side code checking for valid input
    should not be added to each and every user control, instead it should be
    injected into the page only once. The code is event driven, hence I'll
    always have a valid object reference.

    Is there any solution available using ASP.NET user control facilities?

    TIA
    Axel Dahmen
    Axel Dahmen, Jan 12, 2005