ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider "Access is denied."

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Andy Klare, Sep 11, 2006.

  1. Andy Klare

    Andy Klare Guest

    We are tyring to get the ASP.NET 2.0 ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider to
    work so we can use the built in Login Control but we are getting "Access is
    denied.". Our user in our provider config was made an Account Operator so
    we believe it should have the appropriate permissions. It also appears that
    we are at least connecting to the directory since we can change passwords
    and connection strings and get an error saying that it can't connect. Has
    anyone had this problem or know of anything that might cause this error?

    Thanks in advance!
    Andy

    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: Access is denied.

    Source Error:

    Line 18: <addLine 19:
    name="MyADMembershipProvider"Line 20:
    type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"Line 21:
    connectionStringName="ADConnectionString"Line 22:
    connectionProtection="None"

    Andy Klare, Sep 11, 2006

  2. Andy Klare

    Andy Klare Guest

    I should add that we are currently using Windows XP developer web server and
    a 2003 AD Server.

    Andy Klare, Sep 11, 2006