ActiveX control updating webpage

Guest

I have an activex control on my webpage which fires off an event every ten
seconds using the timer. When the event fires in the activex control I need
to update a textbox on the webpage using clientside javascript. I cannot
carry out a round trip to the server every ten seconds.

How can this be done ?
Is it possible or is traffic one way clientside?

Eliyahu Goldin

As you say, it can be done using client side javascript. What is your exact
question?

Eliyahu

Guest

When the activex control fires off its event I need to update a textbox on
the parent webpage without forcing any post back.

How is the question.

Eliyahu Goldin

Who forces you to postback? Does the activex support client-side events?

Eliyahu

Guest

This is what I am trying to figure out.
I reckon I could initiate call an event in my control from my webpage and
update the field on the parent page that way but I need to do it all from the
activex.

Eliyahu Goldin

Make a test javascript function function foo(){alert("Hi");}and in the place
where you set event handler in the activex set it to foo. Could be something
like this:

<script for=myActiveX event=myEvent>
foo();
</script>