    carry out a round trip to the server every ten seconds.

    How can this be done ?
    Is it possible or is traffic one way clientside?

    =?Utf-8?B?cG9wcHk=?=, Feb 6, 2006

  2. As you say, it can be done using client side javascript. What is your exact
    question?

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 7, 2006

  3. When the activex control fires off its event I need to update a textbox on
    the parent webpage without forcing any post back.

    How is the question.

    =?Utf-8?B?cG9wcHk=?=, Feb 7, 2006
  4. Who forces you to postback? Does the activex support client-side events?

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 7, 2006
  5. This is what I am trying to figure out.
    I reckon I could initiate call an event in my control from my webpage and
    update the field on the parent page that way but I need to do it all from the
    activex.

    =?Utf-8?B?cG9wcHk=?=, Feb 7, 2006
  6. Make a test javascript function function foo(){alert("Hi");}and in the place
    where you set event handler in the activex set it to foo. Could be something
    like this:

    <script for=myActiveX event=myEvent>
    foo();
    </script>