ActiveX - Javascript - Firefox

luckyroom505

Hello to you all.

I am trying to use an already installed dll on a Windows machine. I use
javascript, and the
OBJECT tag. On Internet Explorer this works fine, but on Firefox
(v1.04) not.

This is obviously because FF does not support ActiveX.

There is the FF ActiveX extension:
http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm
I try to install the FF ActiveX extension, but I cannot seem to get it
configured to this use. (Using a COM object from an already installed
dll)

My code is as follows (tested in iE), the fruit.cab is also in place
with inside the required dlls.

What can I do to solve this?

<head>
<title>testing</title>
<OBJECT ID="Banana"
CLASSID="CLSID:A8D33A3B-A53B-483B-9C62-3F0C8537743E"
CODEBASE="fruit.cab#version=1,1,1,0">
</OBJECT>

<script language="javascript">
function doit() {
Banana.Show("azerty","");
}
</script>
<form id="a">
<input type="button" value="Show me" onclick="doit();">
</form>

The Magpie

I am trying to use an already installed dll on a Windows machine. [snip]

My code is as follows (tested in iE), the fruit.cab is also in place
with inside the required dlls.

What can I do to solve this?
What springs to mind is "give up". Why use a Windows DLL with a
non-Windows-specific package? And if you do, why do it from inside a CAB
file? But, if you must, then start by decompressing the CAB file and see
if it works then.