Activex web control reading local files

Ben

Hi,

I'm not sure you can help, but I am just getting into creating web activex
controls. I noticed that Hotmail offers a very nice Photo upload control
that allows people to within the page select multiple photos to upload and
do much more. How were they able to read from the local machines file
system? using the .Net IO.DirectoryInfo classes I'm used to are restricted
in Web controls, do you know what methods I can use to do this? Thanks.

Ben

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

you have to build an active x control from vb or some other language that
supports active x controls and then embed the activex control in the
webform, roughly

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney