ActiveXObject("Shell.Application")

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?QWxoYW1icmEgRWlkb3MgS2lxdWVuZXQ=?=, May 16, 2007.

  1. Hi there,

    I want to use javacript in my ASPX page, using ActiveX (
    ActiveXObject("Shell.Application"); ) to call external application.

    How I know if the IExplorer settings for ActiveX is enabled ? Any helper
    javascript class for do it ?

    Any help will be appreciated, and I will be very grateful.

    Thanks in advanced, greetings

    The code is the following
    <SCRIPT type="text/javascript" LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    function executeCommands()
    {
    var oShell = new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application");
    var commandtoRun = "C:\\program1.exe ";
    oShell.ShellExecute(commandtoRun, "/INI=param1.ini",
    "", "open", "1");
    }
    </SCRIPT>

    --
    http://www.alhambra-eidos.es/web2005/index.html
    www.kiquenet.net

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxoYW1icmEgRWlkb3MgS2lxdWVuZXQ=?=, May 16, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QWxoYW1icmEgRWlkb3MgS2lxdWVuZXQ=?=

    bruce barker Guest

    this won't work. only safe active/x controls can be created in the browser.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, May 16, 2007

  3. The web application is intranet, and security about environment is right.

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxoYW1icmEgRWlkb3MgS2lxdWVuZXQ=?=, May 16, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QWxoYW1icmEgRWlkb3MgS2lxdWVuZXQ=?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Alhambra Eidos Kiquenet" <>
    wrote in message news:...

    > How I know if the IExplorer settings for ActiveX is enabled ? Any helper
    > javascript class for do it ?

    Not as far as I know...

    HttpContext.Current.Request.Browser.ActiveXControls will tell you whether
    the browser is "capable" of supporting ActiveX, but not whether this has
    been enabled or disabled...

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, May 16, 2007
  5. Why do you need that functionality? The web page will try to open an
    application on the end-user machine. Is that your intention? Or you want it
    to open the application on the server? This is frequently confused in here.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], May 17, 2007