ActiveXObject("Shell.Application")

Guest

Hi there,

I want to use javacript in my ASPX page, using ActiveX (
ActiveXObject("Shell.Application"); ) to call external application.

How I know if the IExplorer settings for ActiveX is enabled ? Any helper
javascript class for do it ?

Any help will be appreciated, and I will be very grateful.

Thanks in advanced, greetings

The code is the following
<SCRIPT type="text/javascript" LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
function executeCommands()
{
var oShell = new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application");
var commandtoRun = "C:\\program1.exe ";
oShell.ShellExecute(commandtoRun, "/INI=param1.ini",
"", "open", "1");
}
</SCRIPT>

bruce barker

this won't work. only safe active/x controls can be created in the browser.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Mark Rae

How I know if the IExplorer settings for ActiveX is enabled ? Any helper
javascript class for do it ?

Not as far as I know...

HttpContext.Current.Request.Browser.ActiveXControls will tell you whether
the browser is "capable" of supporting ActiveX, but not whether this has
been enabled or disabled...

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Why do you need that functionality? The web page will try to open an
application on the end-user machine. Is that your intention? Or you want it
to open the application on the server? This is frequently confused in here.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney