Add Column Depending on Screen Resolution

thepelican

I don't know Javascript that well, but I was wondering how you can show
an extra column on a 1024x768 resolution, while hiding it from someone
surfing on 800x600. I know ESPN and NBA.com do this, but apparently
ESPN's doesn't work on Firefox.

Evertjan.

wrote on 17 nov 2005 in comp.lang.javascript:
I don't know Javascript that well, but I was wondering how you can show
an extra column on a 1024x768 resolution, while hiding it from someone
surfing on 800x600. I know ESPN and NBA.com do this, but apparently
ESPN's doesn't work on Firefox.

Column of what? Of a table, or of a css float?

You can get the screen measurements in JS
and then style.display='none' a colunm on demand,
perhaps with className manipulation.

Try to make a code after learning some JS, or hire a programmer.

rf

I don't know Javascript that well, but I was wondering how you can show
an extra column on a 1024x768 resolution, while hiding it from someone
surfing on 800x600. I know ESPN and NBA.com do this, but apparently
ESPN's doesn't work on Firefox.

Why would you wish to discriminate against me just because of the size of
my "resolution"?

FWIW my desktop is 4800 pixels wide. Do I get *extra* columns?

--
Cheers, Richard.
If you are reading this using google groups then also read this:

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>, dated
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:14:46, seen in rf
(e-mail address removed) wrote:
Why would you wish to discriminate against me just because of the size of
my "resolution"?

He did not say that the information content of the column would not then
be shown elsewhere.
--
Cheers, Richard.
If you are reading this using google groups then also read this:
http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/ if you have not done so
already. If you reply to this post without correct quoting and attribution,
as per the above, I, and others, may just totally ignore you.

But your own attribution is, by respected (except by Lahn) recent USEFOR
thinking, inadequate; and your signature has too many lines for long-
established convention.