"Add" error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Barney Yohannes, Dec 22, 2003.

  1. Dear Folks,
    I am working with datagrid. I've added "delete", "update"
    and "cancel" very easy. Now, when I tried to put "Add", I
    hit a brick wall. Please help me to How I can put "add"
    at the bottom of the grid.

    The only close solution I found that seem to work is on
    this site:

    However, after I followed and coded my datagrid carefully,
    I all my other functions are not working, i.e.,
    my "add", "delete", "update" are not working.

    For example, if I hid delete, I get the following error:

    Missing operand after '=' operator.

    Line 177: dv.RowFilter = "ProductID = " & e.Item.Cells
    (2).Text

    My "Add" doesn't work either.

    Please help.

    Any help or link to help will be highly appreciated

    Happy Holidays!

    Salutations,
    Barney.

    Barney Yohannes, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Hi,

    > Missing operand after '=' operator.
    >
    > Line 177: dv.RowFilter = "ProductID = " & e.Item.Cells
    > (2).Text

    Here you don't have an '(apostrophe) symbol. You have to write: "Product =
    '" your code "'"
    Because the expression has to be e.g:
    ProductID = '2' - it's correct
    But you code is ProductID = 2 This code is not correct!

    When do you want to add button to the grid?

    You can make a reply to my e-address.

    bye

    --
    The Best Regards,