Add Records to an Iseries (AS/400) Server

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Brian Piotrowski, Dec 14, 2004.

  1. Hi All,

    I've gotten to the point where I can read records from our AS/400, but when
    I write, it goes through the motions but does not write anything.

    Here's my code to write to the AS/400:
    Set rsADDPM = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    PNPLCD = request.querystring("pcode")
    PNOPTNO = request.form("PNOPTNO")
    PNOPTCL = request.form("PNOPTCL")
    PNNPTNO = request.form("PNNPTNO")
    PNNPTCL = request.form("PNNPTCL")
    SQLaddpm = "insert into SPSL.VARPM_PF
    (PNPLCD,PNOPTNO,PNOPTCL,PNNPTNO,PNNPTCL) values ('" &PNPLCD& "','" &PNOPTNO&
    "','"&PNOPTCL& "','"&PNNPTNO& "','"&PNNPTCL& "')"
    rsADDPM.open SQLaddpm, adoCon

    Like I said, it goes through the motion and tells me it wrote something, but
    when I check through the AS/400 sql intepreter, it doesn't display the
    record I just added.

    Do I have to commit the records somehow when I'm finished writing them? If
    not, what should I add in the code to make it write?

    Thanks!

    Brian.
    Brian Piotrowski, Dec 14, 2004