Add two onload links to a php page?

Ohmster

I run a small web site for a friend, it is very popular with the email
stationery community.

http://www.lettermanstationery.com/

All of the pages on the site have two links in the head code to load the blue
navigation bar on the site and the page header:

<LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" HREF="lettermanCSS.css">

<SCRIPT language=vbs src="onload.vbs"></SCRIPT>

</HEAD>

I have no problem with adding these two tags on all of the pages of the web
site, but now I have added a php guestbook. Since the guestbook is all php, I
don't know how to add these two loading links into a php page. Whenever I try
it, it fails. The php guestbook also has a style.css page that determines the
fonts and colors for the guestbook.

My question is how do I add these two elements to the index.php page or to
the style.css page? If I cannot do this, then can I create a blank index.html
page for the openbook directory, have the two elements load, and have the
rest of the page display the active index.php page? How would one do this,
would one use an iframe or something? I really have no idea on how to do this
and I really need help desperately, please help.

Thank you.

--
My email address is invalid, thanks to
all of these rotten spambots.

Nico Schuyt

Ohmster said:
http://www.lettermanstationery.com/
All of the pages on the site have two links in the head code to load
the blue navigation bar on the site and the page header:
<LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" HREF="lettermanCSS.css">
<SCRIPT language=vbs src="onload.vbs"></SCRIPT>
I have no problem with adding these two tags on all of the pages of
the web site, but now I have added a php guestbook. Since the
guestbook is all php, I don't know how to add these two loading links
into a php page. Whenever I try it, it fails. The php guestbook also
has a style.css page that determines the fonts and colors for the
guestbook.

My question is how do I add these two elements to the index.php page
or to the style.css page?

Make a blank page with the basic layout (menu, heading, content)
Include the coding for the guestbook in the content box
In the head section, between <script type="text/css>..>/script> you add the
css that is appropriate for the guestbook.

But, in a site that has no navigation when js is disabled and waists about
70% of my screen, this is only a very minor problem :0

Toby Inkster

Ohmster said:
<SCRIPT language=vbs src="onload.vbs"></SCRIPT>

This is dumb for so many reasons. Here are a few:

1. The language attribute is deprecated.
2. "vbs" is probably not the correct value for it.
3. The type attribute is required, but not included in your example.
4. VBScript is supported by only one browser, whereas Javascript is
supported by more.
5. You seem to relying entirely on client-side scripting for your menu. If
you're already using PHP, then include your menu that way.

You seem to be poking about blindly. Start from the beginning. Start
simple. If you make things smiple you can't screw them up.

Ohmster

You seem to be poking about blindly. Start from the beginning. Start
simple. If you make things smiple you can't screw them up.

Yeah it really is done in VB and the files are .vbs. I did not originally
author the site, a VB programmer did to make resources available for Outlook
Express Stationery users.

True, true, it is not browser compliant with anything other than IE but it
was designed that way (Not to exclude other browsers, but to utilize the
VBScript that is prevailent throughout the site. The originial author has
retired and it not available to assist with this project, we are preserving
the original site for those that want to use it. A guest book was added for
them to leave comments.

The blue navigation pane is on every page of the site but it really is
VBScript and I cannot figure out how to make it "play nice" with the PHP
guestbook. If I can somehow "embed" the php page into a blank html page with
the necessary navigation bar, that might work. Not sure what else to do.

Thanks for looking and listening.

--
My email address is invalid, thanks to
all of these rotten spambots.
Email me by assembling this address:
tinykitty "ay tea" newsguy "dee oh tea" com
~Ohmster

Dave Patton

I run a small web site for a friend, it is very popular with the email
stationery community.

http://www.lettermanstationery.com/

All of the pages on the site have two links in the head code to load
the blue navigation bar on the site and the page header:

<LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" HREF="lettermanCSS.css">

<SCRIPT language=vbs src="onload.vbs"></SCRIPT>

</HEAD>

I have no problem with adding these two tags on all of the pages of
the web site, but now I have added a php guestbook. Since the
guestbook is all php, I don't know how to add these two loading links
into a php page. Whenever I try it, it fails.

You "simply" edit the PHP, and add the statements necessary to
include the above in the HTML output. How "simple" it is depends
on how the guestbook application was written, but from a strictly
PHP point of view, it's trivial. In fact, if the guestbook uses
a template, it may be as simple as editing the template.