Add UserControl on CodeBeheind

Krzysztof Karnicki

Hi,
I've such a problem. I need to add my UserControl not on design time but on
Codebehind, so I prepare:

private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {
MyUserControl myUserControl = new MyUserControl();
this.Controls.Add(myUserControls);
}

But actually that doesn’t work. After requesting my page on a browser, there
aren’t shown any controls putted on myUserControl. Also it is thrown an
exception of null reference if I tried to modify anything in codebehind of
components putted in myUserControl, when he is added in such a way. Any
suggestions ?

Regards
Krzysztof Karnicki

Krzysztof Karnicki

Hi,

I'm adding myUserControl, wich is the instance of class inhriting from the
System.Web.UI.UserControl.

Wilbur Slice

Hi,
I've such a problem. I need to add my UserControl not on design time but on
Codebehind, so I prepare:

private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {
MyUserControl myUserControl = new MyUserControl();
this.Controls.Add(myUserControls);
}

But actually that doesn’t work. After requesting my page on a browser, there
aren’t shown any controls putted on myUserControl. Also it is thrown an
exception of null reference if I tried to modify anything in codebehind of
components putted in myUserControl, when he is added in such a way. Any
suggestions ?

Regards
Krzysztof Karnicki

Try putting a PlaceHolder control on your form at design time, and
then Add your control to it, rather than adding it to the page's
Controls collection.

Krzysztof Karnicki

Hi,
When I try implement Yous sugestion:

WebUserControl1 webUserControl = new WebUserControl1();
this.PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(webUserControl);

he same situation occurs. Because webUserControl try to change Text property
of Label putted on my control, requesting page throws an null excpetion.

Regards,
Krzysztof Karnicki