    I am just after something simple.

    Thanks for any help

    John
    John, Apr 6, 2005

  2. John wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I just wondered if anyone can recommend an easy low cost or free way
    > to add a blog to a website?
    >
    > If you have any links or know of a good solution I would be grateful
    > to hear.
    >
    > The website already has articles and what I want to do is allow users
    > to login and reply to the articles already there with a blogging type
    > system so it appears underneath.
    >
    > I am just after something simple.

    Download some PHP (or other) based blogging software and set it up. Try
    http://www.resourceindex.com/ for a starter. If that yields no fruit,
    try http://www.google.com/

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, Apr 6, 2005

  3. John

    CEFM Guest

    Or blogger.com has an option to FTP pages to a directory on your site.

    CEFM, Apr 6, 2005
  4. John

    SpaceGirl Guest

    John wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I just wondered if anyone can recommend an easy low cost or free way
    > to add a blog to a website?
    >
    > If you have any links or know of a good solution I would be grateful
    > to hear.
    >
    > The website already has articles and what I want to do is allow users
    > to login and reply to the articles already there with a blogging type
    > system so it appears underneath.
    >
    > I am just after something simple.
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > John

    I was looking for one too, although I'd prefer an ASP based one. Found a
    few, but none that do just what I want. I wrote my own basic one, but
    rather than adding to it I'd rather just plug on in (no time!!)

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Apr 6, 2005
  5. John

    JDS Guest

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 22:57:00 +0100, SpaceGirl wrote:

    > I was looking for one too, although I'd prefer an ASP based one. Found a
    > few, but none that do just what I want. I wrote my own basic one, but
    > rather than adding to it I'd rather just plug on in (no time!!)

    I don't know of any ASP based ones, but the "gold standard" -- Movable
    Type -- is perl based and should run in pretty much any webserver
    environment.

    http://www.sixapart.com/movabletype/

    --
    JDS | lid
    JDS, Apr 7, 2005
  6. John

    Lois Guest

    "John" wrote:
    : I just wondered if anyone can recommend an easy low cost or free
    way
    : to add a blog to a website?

    I recommend WordPress (http://wordpress.org/). It's free, it
    validates, it works well, and it has good support.

    : The website already has articles and what I want to do is allow
    users
    : to login and reply to the articles already there with a blogging
    type
    : system so it appears underneath.

    Take a look at the sites in the "Your WordPress" section of the
    support forum. One I saw yesterday that does what I think you want is
    at http://www.californiaconservative.org/ .

    Lois
    --
    www.wordsweave.com/
    Lois, Apr 7, 2005
  7. "John" <> wrote in message
    > Hello.
    >
    > I just wondered if anyone can recommend an easy
    > low cost or free way
    > to add a blog to a website?
    >
    > If you have any links or know of a good solution
    > I would be grateful
    > to hear.
    >
    > The website already has articles and what I want
    > to do is allow users
    > to login and reply to the articles already there
    > with a blogging type
    > system so it appears underneath.
    >
    > I am just after something simple.
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > John

    I've used Rodin http://rodin.lot23.com/ and can't
    rate it high enough, it's simple enough to make it
    look just how you want and while it's written in
    PHP I guess you could reverse engineer it to run
    under ASP.
    Cheers, Dom
    Dominic Myers, Apr 7, 2005
  8. John

    ...D. Guest

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:44:44 +0100, John <> wrote:
    >Hello.
    >I just wondered if anyone can recommend an easy low cost or free way
    >to add a blog to a website?
    >If you have any links or know of a good solution I would be grateful
    >to hear.
    >The website already has articles and what I want to do is allow users
    >to login and reply to the articles already there with a blogging type
    >system so it appears underneath.
    >I am just after something simple.
    >Thanks for any help
    >John

    Hi John.. There are several threads about BLOGing software going.. i
    started one in fact beifre this one.. I asked if there was any decent and,
    with fingers crossed - hopefully free. Well I found one that looks
    promising - I think one of your replies mentions this one. So here is a
    copy-paste of me answering myself in another thread - and several weeks
    later, as i am in this thread too.

    ------- begin quote:

    If anyone is reading this thread, I found one that looks promising. A PHP
    BLOGing software package that says it has a "famous 5 minute
    installation"..

    Well, I kind of put BLOG on the back burner so I haven't tried it out
    yet.. Me & PHP don't agree too much because I am no programmer, but I do
    run a PHP email type form as a contact me thing, and I even was able to
    tweak some of it to fit my situation.

    Anywho, "WordPress" is supported through open source, and it says it is
    free - GNU released, to use however you want, be you a one site webmaster
    or do website writing as a job.. Survives on donations.

    OK once again, it is called WordPress. I have WordPress v1.5, which I
    think is the latest..

    Anywho I am going to get to it soon enough. Just thought I'd mention it
    in case anyone is looking..

    Have a good one...
    ...D.
    ...D., Apr 19, 2005
  9. John

    jerseyjim

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    The Network For Bloggers

    Hey guys, I recently came upon this site addingblogs.com and its a good site to generate traffic and to join a social networking site with other bloggers. So give it a shot and post your url in the database, and you even get a free blog on the site. So check it out. addingblogs.com
    jerseyjim, Nov 15, 2008