Adding a blog to a website?

John

Hello.

I just wondered if anyone can recommend an easy low cost or free way
to add a blog to a website?

If you have any links or know of a good solution I would be grateful
to hear.

The website already has articles and what I want to do is allow users
to login and reply to the articles already there with a blogging type
system so it appears underneath.

I am just after something simple.

Thanks for any help

John

Hywel Jenkins

John said:
Hello.

I just wondered if anyone can recommend an easy low cost or free way
to add a blog to a website?

If you have any links or know of a good solution I would be grateful
to hear.

The website already has articles and what I want to do is allow users
to login and reply to the articles already there with a blogging type
system so it appears underneath.

I am just after something simple.

Download some PHP (or other) based blogging software and set it up. Try
http://www.resourceindex.com/ for a starter. If that yields no fruit,
try http://www.google.com/

SpaceGirl

John said:
Hello.

I just wondered if anyone can recommend an easy low cost or free way
to add a blog to a website?

If you have any links or know of a good solution I would be grateful
to hear.

The website already has articles and what I want to do is allow users
to login and reply to the articles already there with a blogging type
system so it appears underneath.

I am just after something simple.

Thanks for any help

John

I was looking for one too, although I'd prefer an ASP based one. Found a
few, but none that do just what I want. I wrote my own basic one, but
rather than adding to it I'd rather just plug on in (no time!!)

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

JDS

I was looking for one too, although I'd prefer an ASP based one. Found a
few, but none that do just what I want. I wrote my own basic one, but
rather than adding to it I'd rather just plug on in (no time!!)

I don't know of any ASP based ones, but the "gold standard" -- Movable
Type -- is perl based and should run in pretty much any webserver
environment.

http://www.sixapart.com/movabletype/

Lois

:
: I just wondered if anyone can recommend an easy low cost or free
way
: to add a blog to a website?

I recommend WordPress (http://wordpress.org/). It's free, it
validates, it works well, and it has good support.

: The website already has articles and what I want to do is allow
users
: to login and reply to the articles already there with a blogging
type
: system so it appears underneath.

Take a look at the sites in the "Your WordPress" section of the
support forum. One I saw yesterday that does what I think you want is
at http://www.californiaconservative.org/ .

Lois

Dominic Myers

John said:
Hello.

I just wondered if anyone can recommend an easy
low cost or free way
to add a blog to a website?

If you have any links or know of a good solution
I would be grateful
to hear.

The website already has articles and what I want
to do is allow users
to login and reply to the articles already there
with a blogging type
system so it appears underneath.

I am just after something simple.

Thanks for any help

John

I've used Rodin http://rodin.lot23.com/ and can't
rate it high enough, it's simple enough to make it
look just how you want and while it's written in
PHP I guess you could reverse engineer it to run
under ASP.
Cheers, Dom

...D.

Hello.
I just wondered if anyone can recommend an easy low cost or free way
to add a blog to a website?
If you have any links or know of a good solution I would be grateful
to hear.
The website already has articles and what I want to do is allow users
to login and reply to the articles already there with a blogging type
system so it appears underneath.
I am just after something simple.
Thanks for any help
John

Hi John.. There are several threads about BLOGing software going.. i
started one in fact beifre this one.. I asked if there was any decent and,
with fingers crossed - hopefully free. Well I found one that looks
promising - I think one of your replies mentions this one. So here is a
copy-paste of me answering myself in another thread - and several weeks
later, as i am in this thread too.

------- begin quote:

If anyone is reading this thread, I found one that looks promising. A PHP
BLOGing software package that says it has a "famous 5 minute
installation"..

Well, I kind of put BLOG on the back burner so I haven't tried it out
yet.. Me & PHP don't agree too much because I am no programmer, but I do
run a PHP email type form as a contact me thing, and I even was able to
tweak some of it to fit my situation.

Anywho, "WordPress" is supported through open source, and it says it is
free - GNU released, to use however you want, be you a one site webmaster
or do website writing as a job.. Survives on donations.

OK once again, it is called WordPress. I have WordPress v1.5, which I
think is the latest..

Anywho I am going to get to it soon enough. Just thought I'd mention it
in case anyone is looking..

Have a good one...
...D.

Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
The Network For Bloggers

Hey guys, I recently came upon this site addingblogs.com and its a good site to generate traffic and to join a social networking site with other bloggers. So give it a shot and post your url in the database, and you even get a free blog on the site. So check it out. addingblogs.com