Adding color to print to console?

Janek Schleicher

Buteo Lagopus wrote at Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:29:45 -0500:
I'd like to know how to hilight/color/invert the numbers so I can get rid
of the "Hit..." information.

Can this be done and can someone steer me to some examples? Will this
then be OS specific?

It's specific to your output method (terminal, html, tk, ...)

If you work with an ANSI terminal, have a look to the CPAN module
Term::ANSIColor

Greetings,
Janek

Buteo Lagopus

I have my lotto ticket checker "PERLotto.pl" that prints to the console
winning hits for games but it has no "glitz." I thought, could I hilight
the color of the matching numbers in the print statement?

Currently a print line looks like this:

01 02 03 04 05 06 --5b Hit: 01 02 03 04 05 06

I'd like to know how to hilight/color/invert the numbers so I can get rid
of the "Hit..." information.

Can this be done and can someone steer me to some examples? Will this
then be OS specific?

Thanks,

All the best,

Andy
print "What can possibly go wrong... go wrong... go wrong..."