adding data to ASPNETDB.MDF

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Seb, May 14, 2008.

  1. Seb

    Seb Guest

    As of now I have added a few pieces of data to my profile through
    web.config. More specifically

    <profile enabled="true">
    <properties>
    <add name="Height" type="Int16"/>
    <add name="BirthDate" type="System.DateTime"/>
    </properties>
    </profile>

    How would I go about retrieving all users who are above 180 cm or all
    the users who have birthday today?
    I'm unsure about how to work with this on a global level and not just
    for an individual user.
    Is there a way to have this data magically appear as columns in my
    aspnet_User table? because that way it would be simple enough.

    Another issue is when I want relational data such as weight associated
    with a date? For the sake of normalization I have now manually added a
    new table containing user id, weight and data columns. But is this
    best practice? And what are the alternatives...

    best regards

    Seb, May 14, 2008