adding profile provider

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by michael, Sep 26, 2008.

  1. michael

    michael Guest

    My application is using Membership Provider (Users and Roles).
    Can I add the Profile provider also, please note that there's already
    users & roles in the database ?

    I read many articles already but I am still not clear about certain
    things. Just by adding the Profile provider settings in web.config it
    doesn't do anything. I suppose there should be a way to create the
    support tables in the database by running aspnet_regsql with some
    parameters.
    And also if I have

    <profile enabled="true">
    <properties>
    <add name="Country" type="string"/>
    <add name="City" type="string"/>
    </properties>
    </profile>

    I would like to be able to have the strong type properties:
    Profile.UserDetails.Country or Profile.UserDetails.City

    Do I have to write my own custom class for that ?

    Thanks,
    xk

    michael, Sep 26, 2008