Adding web reference to consume multiple web services not working.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Saumendra, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Saumendra

    Saumendra Guest

    Hi guys,
    When I am adding a Web Reference in Visual Studio.net, I provide the url to
    the .vsdisco file, so that Visual Studio.net can dynamically discover all
    the available Web Services. Now when I do this, I get a list of all the Web
    Services. Next I want add reference to all these Web Service to my Visual
    Studio.net project, and so I hit "Add reference" button on the Add Reference
    dialog box. By doing this I THOUGHT all the Web references to all the web
    services will be added automatically, but this is not happening. The proxy
    class that is created (reference.vb) is pointing to the first Web service
    that was listed in the list of available Web Service during adding Web
    reference. Therefore I cannot call methods of the other Web Services. The
    only option I have is to add them individually, and by doing this, i am
    generating a bunch of nodes under my Solution Explorer/Web References with
    names like "localhost", "localhost1", "localhost2", "localhost3",
    "localhost4"... This doesn't make sense to me. Can someone tell me what is
    going wrong.

    By the way the server that is containing all the Web Services is my
    localhost, and dynamic discovery is enabled on my machine.config file.

    Saumendra
    Saumendra, Jun 24, 2003