    warns me so:
    "Access is denied. The source file may be in use."

    Thanks in advance.

    andrea kampa, Jan 6, 2004

  2. andrea kampa

    Roland Hall Guest

    "andrea kampa" wrote:
    : Hi all,
    Howdy...

    : I'm a Win2000 professional user - sP 4. I can't delete some folders in
    : e:\inetpub\wwwroot\...\.
    : I've created them by FrontPage2000 SR1. I enter Windows as Administrator,
    : then I should be able to
    : create /delete all objects.
    Wrong. You have the right, as Admin, to take ownership for anything you do
    not have ownership/rights of and then you can assign yourself rights to
    delete any object. Admin rights, at the file system level, only has inherit
    rights if inherit rights are set. If explicit rights have been assigned,
    then Admin rights can be removed by owner with those rights.

    : On the contrary, each time I attempt to erase
    : the assigned folder Windows
    : warns me so:
    : "Access is denied. The source file may be in use."
    This is not a rights issue. Have you tried stopping the virtual server
    before trying to remove the folders?

    --
    Roland

    This information is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
    or fitness for a particular purpose.
    -Technet Knowledge Base-
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;kbhowto&sd=TECH&ln=EN-US&FR=0
    -Technet Script Center-
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp
    -MSDN Library-
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

    Roland Hall, Jan 6, 2004

  3. andrea kampa

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:18:17 +0100, "andrea kampa"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >I'm a Win2000 professional user - sP 4. I can't delete some folders in
    >e:\inetpub\wwwroot\...\.
    >I've created them by FrontPage2000 SR1. I enter Windows as Administrator,
    >then I should be able to
    >create /delete all objects. On the contrary, each time I attempt to erase
    >the assigned folder Windows
    >warns me so:
    >"Access is denied. The source file may be in use."
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    ASP probably won't help you in this case, but posting in a Windows
    administration group probably would. Ask for an explanation of rights
    and the Take Ownership option.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jan 6, 2004
  4. andrea kampa