Admin can't delete a folder?

andrea kampa

Hi all,
I'm a Win2000 professional user - sP 4. I can't delete some folders in
e:\inetpub\wwwroot\...\.
I've created them by FrontPage2000 SR1. I enter Windows as Administrator,
then I should be able to
create /delete all objects. On the contrary, each time I attempt to erase
the assigned folder Windows
warns me so:
"Access is denied. The source file may be in use."

Thanks in advance.

(e-mail address removed)

Roland Hall

:
: Hi all,
Howdy...

: I'm a Win2000 professional user - sP 4. I can't delete some folders in
: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\...\.
: I've created them by FrontPage2000 SR1. I enter Windows as Administrator,
: then I should be able to
: create /delete all objects.
Wrong. You have the right, as Admin, to take ownership for anything you do
not have ownership/rights of and then you can assign yourself rights to
delete any object. Admin rights, at the file system level, only has inherit
rights if inherit rights are set. If explicit rights have been assigned,
then Admin rights can be removed by owner with those rights.

: On the contrary, each time I attempt to erase
: the assigned folder Windows
: warns me so:
: "Access is denied. The source file may be in use."
This is not a rights issue. Have you tried stopping the virtual server
before trying to remove the folders?

--
Roland

This information is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
or fitness for a particular purpose.
-Technet Knowledge Base-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;kbhowto&sd=TECH&ln=EN-US&FR=0
-Technet Script Center-
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp
-MSDN Library-
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

Jeff Cochran

Hi all,
I'm a Win2000 professional user - sP 4. I can't delete some folders in
e:\inetpub\wwwroot\...\.
I've created them by FrontPage2000 SR1. I enter Windows as Administrator,
then I should be able to
create /delete all objects. On the contrary, each time I attempt to erase
the assigned folder Windows
warns me so:
"Access is denied. The source file may be in use."

Thanks in advance.

ASP probably won't help you in this case, but posting in a Windows
administration group probably would. Ask for an explanation of rights
and the Take Ownership option.

Jeff