Admission Control For WLAN (DHCP, Service Controller) ?

Discussion in 'C++' started by irvine4ever84@gmail.com, Apr 8, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I have a notepad,which having a data store into it and then overwrite
    by a new data every 1 second constantly.
    I want to read the data (which is the total bandwidth usage of my
    whole WLAN)which changing every 1 second.

    >From here,I want to use the data to do an admission control of the

    LAN.
    This is basically how is the idea:
    1) Read the BW data.
    2) Set a Bandwidth limit as reference level (eg: 1000000 Mbps)
    3) Compare the BW data I read to the BW limit, if exceed the limit,I
    want to Pause my window DHCP service,So that client go into my LAN.
    4) If the BW going below the BW limit, the DHCP service have to
    automatically Continue again.

    Anyone can help me on that? What programming language is more suitable
    to use? In this case,I using Window XP as my platform. As I do some
    research, I realize there is a API call "service controller" can be
    use n this case. I am not sure on it and I don't how to deal with the
    API.

    Thousands of appreciate enclosed here for those who willing to help
    me!!

    , Apr 8, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > [..]
    > I want to read the data (which is the total bandwidth usage of my
    > whole WLAN)which changing every 1 second.
    > [..]
    >
    > Anyone can help me on that? What programming language is more suitable
    > to use? In this case,I using Window XP as my platform. [..]

    Please post your OS-specific inquiries to the newsgroup that caters to
    your OS. It's not that we can't take our share of OT posts, but you
    would actually get your questions answered properly *there*, not here.

    Victor Bazarov, Apr 8, 2007