Ado.net Problem

Imran

Hi,
I have written a function to call the Stored procedure and set value for the
parameter specified in the SP, the parameter declared as ntext in the SP. For
sending the value is sent as dbtype.string and 8000000 as length to it when I
try to send the string of around 33000 characters I am getting the errors as
"A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should
be discarded.". The same executing fine if i directly excute the SP in the
Query analyzar.
Please help me in solving this problem.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Imran said:
Hi,
I have written a function to call the Stored procedure and set value
for the parameter specified in the SP, the parameter declared as
ntext in the SP. For sending the value is sent as dbtype.string and
8000000 as length to it when I try to send the string of around 33000
characters I am getting the errors as "A severe error occurred on the
current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.". The same
executing fine if i directly excute the SP in the Query analyzar.
Please help me in solving this problem.
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet.

HTH,
Bob Barrows