ADODB Currency type broken in Python win32?

Tim Roberts

It looks to me like the handling of the currency type in an ADODB
connecction from Python is broken. Currency data in an Access database is
stored as a 64-bit integer, scaled by 10000. In an ADODB recordset, this
is returned as a 2-tuple, where the second element is the currency value,
but the value is stored as a normal integer, not a lont integer. Thus, it
fails for values greater than about $214,700 (2**32 / 10**4).

Here is an example:

import win32com.client
conn = win32com.client.Dispatch("ADODB.Connection")
conn.Open("DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=anydatabase.mdb")
cmd = win32com.client.Dispatch("ADODB.Command")
cmd.ActiveConnection = conn
cmd.CommandText = "SELECT CCur(250000) AS myMoney;"
rs = cmd.Execute()[0]
for f in rs.Fields:
print f.Name
print f.Type