AdRotator Component doesn't Rotate Ads

Apostolis K.

I include an AdRotator component but the component doesn't rotate the ads
_index.asp_
<%
Set objAd=Server.CreateObject("MSWC.AdRotator")
vAdRotation=objAd.GetAdvertisement("ads.txt")

Response.Write "<center>" & vAdRotation & "</center>"

%>
_ads.txt_
REDIRECT redirect.asp
*
1.jpg
http:www.1.com
1.com
1
2.jpg
http:www.2.com
2.com
1
3.jpg
http:www.3.com
3.com
1
4.jpg
http:www.4.com
4.com
1
5.jpg
http:www.5.com
5.com
1
redirect.asp
<%
vURL=Request.QueryString("url")
Response.Redirect vURL
%>

Luka POZVEK

Hello!

Try with different values for time each ad is displayed in .txt file. So,
modify the .txt file like this:
_ads.txt_
REDIRECT redirect.asp
*
1.jpg
http:www.1.com
1.com
20
2.jpg
http:www.2.com
2.com
20
3.jpg
http:www.3.com
3.com
20
4.jpg
http:www.4.com
4.com
20
5.jpg
http:www.5.com
5.com
20

This means that every ad has 20% time or one fifth to display.
Hope it works!

Luka

Apostolis K.

Try with different values for time each ad is displayed in .txt file. So,
modify the .txt file

I ve already tried with differrent values but the result is the same

Apostolis K.

If I change to the values you say, can you tell me how long (in
seconds/minutes) every ad is supposed to appear on the screen?

Dave

I think the ads only rotate with each page refresh or redisplay. And the
same ad may appear again on a page refresh but if you keep pressing F5, you
will eventually see a different ad. I don't think the ads rotate on a static
page.

Dave

Ray at

Tru dat.

--

Ray at home
Microsoft ASP MVP

Dave said:
I think the ads only rotate with each page refresh or redisplay. And the
same ad may appear again on a page refresh but if you keep pressing F5, you
will eventually see a different ad. I don't think the ads rotate on a static
page.

Dave

Rob Meade

I think the ads only rotate with each page refresh or redisplay. And the
same ad may appear again on a page refresh but if you keep pressing F5, you
will eventually see a different ad. I don't think the ads rotate on a static
page.

So options for him might be :

use frames (eew) - and refresh the top frame every x minutes or something
just refresh the current page (assuming that there are no forms and stuff)
make an animated .gif

Regards

Rob

Apostolis K.

So options for him might be :
use frames (eew) - and refresh the top frame every x minutes or something
just refresh the current page (assuming that there are no forms and stuff)
make an animated .gif

I thought that this component rotates the ads by itself. If I want a true ad
rotator I could easy create one on my own with javascript

Ray at

It does do it. But remember, it's a SERVER-SIDE component, not a
client-side thing.

Ray at work

Apostolis K.

It does do it. But remember, it's a SERVER-SIDE component, not a
client-side thing.

Yes but not in real time. You have to reload the page so the ad is changed

Ray at

Apostolis K. said:
Yes but not in real time. You have to reload the page so the ad is changed

Well, yes, of course. It's an Active SERVER Pages component, not an active
CLIENT pages thing.

Ray at work