ADS IIS Integration

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Travis A. Clark, Nov 18, 2004.

  1. Okay, maybe I'm just not seeing things correctly.
    I have an asp.net web application (framework 1.1) that only five
    people in the ProjectManager AD Group are supposed to see.
    I have the following issues:

    Even though I have:
    <authentication mode="Windows" />
    <authorization>

    <allow users="DOMAIN\ProjectManager" />
    <deny users="*"/>
    </authorization>
    in my web.config, and I believe the correct IIS settings (Windows
    2000, IIS 5.0, anonymous off, Basic and Windows on)

    Anyone in the domain may login and see it. What am I missing?

    Secondly, anyone know where a good tutorial is on logging in
    automatically. In other words, I want to check their AD credentials
    automatically, and if they are in the ProjectManager group, go ahead
    and redirect. Else prompt for the logon.

    Thanks for the time.

    Travis A. Clark

    Travis A. Clark, Nov 18, 2004

  2. This should work. The first thing I would check is whether the users who
    shouldn't be allowed access are in the role or not. You can do
    Context.User.IsInRole("DOMAIN\ProjectManager") to determine that.

    If that fails as expected, but users are still being granted access, then it
    might be that the UrlAuthorizationModule has been removed from the list of
    HttpModules.

    HTH,

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Nov 18, 2004

  3. Travis..
    Your Solution is for sure solvable...
    I have used forms Auth and Windows Auth(validating against Active Directory)
    for
    this before...
    Try looking at this artcilse at:-
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q316748