AJAX and Downlevel Browser Support

Robert Howells

Approximately how far back can we go (in browser versions) before we start
losing the ability for browsers to support AJAX?

Thanks!

Guest

Approximately how far back can we go (in browser versions) before we
start losing the ability for browsers to support AJAX?

In terms of Microsoft Atlas:

http://www.asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/BrowserCompatibilityForASPNETAJA
X.aspx

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later versions.

Mozilla Firefox version 1.5 or later versions.

Opera version 9.0 or later versions.

Apple Safari version 2.0 or later versions.

But each AJAX framework has different support ... which framework are you
look at?

Robert Howells

But each AJAX framework has different support ... which framework are you

What reputable frameworks are available? My preference is to work with
ASP.NET and VS 2005 - so if other solid AJAX frameworks are available that
would work fine with ASP.NET and Visual Studio, then I would be very much
interested in comparing. I'll google this, but if you have some quick
suggestions I'd take those too.

Thanks.

Guest

What reputable frameworks are available? My preference is to work with
ASP.NET and VS 2005 - so if other solid AJAX frameworks are available
that would work fine with ASP.NET and Visual Studio, then I would be
very much interested in comparing. I'll google this, but if you have
some quick suggestions I'd take those too.

In that case you probably stick with Atlas - since it has web controls
built in.

Or you can try Ajax.NET.