ajax "debug" slowly takes longer to load symbols

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Joe Stateson, Oct 4, 2007.

  1. Joe Stateson

    Joe Stateson Guest

    I added ajax to an existing web project. It runs fine but hitting F5
    (debug) in Visual Studio 2005 slowly consumes resources: Kernel Memory and
    System Cache grow and I start seeing

    C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0___\System.Web.Extensions.dll"

    in the VS2005 footer. After several hours of coding and debugging it can
    take 2 minutes before that "loading symbols" finally finishes. Restarting
    VS2005 does not solve the problem, but rebooting does and Kernel and Cache
    are back down. I had not noticed a problem like this before and assume it
    is ajax and not my project but I could be mistaken.

    Even terminating debug in VS2005 can take 30 seconds when the project is
    stuck loading the symbols. "start without debug" always works fine or
    starting the page from localhost

    Joseph "Beemer Biker" Stateson
    http://ResearchRiders.org Ask about my 99'R1100RT

    Joe Stateson, Oct 4, 2007

  2. Joe Stateson

    IfThenElse Guest

    Joe,

    I had to restart my machine server times also.

    Hope someone can help....

    IfThenElse, Oct 4, 2007

  3. Joe Stateson

    Joe Stateson Guest

    Sorry - Somehow I had two references to the ajax extensions under
    <assemblies> in web.config. One at the beginning and the other one at the
    end. After removing the second reference the problem seems to have gone
    away.

    Joe Stateson, Oct 5, 2007