Ajex problem

bbawa1

Hey,
I have a master.page and a Default.aspx page. I'm trying to use AJAX
to postback to the server. However, when I place the
<asp:ScriptManager ...tag on the Default.aspx page I get an "Element
'ScriptManager' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a
compilation error on the Web site."

What is the problem here? Am I missing something?

Guest

Hey,
I have a master.page and a Default.aspx page. I'm trying to use AJAX
to postback to the server. However, when I place the
<asp:ScriptManager ...tag on the Default.aspx page I get an "Element
'ScriptManager' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a
compilation error on the Web site."

What is the problem here? Am I missing something?

Did you installed the ASP.NET AJAX?
http://ajax.asp.net/docs/InstallingASPNETAJAX.aspx

Michael Nemtsev

Hello (e-mail address removed),

Check that the System.Web.Extensions assemly is added to your web.config
if not, then VS IDE -> add Reference

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

Michael Nemtsev

Hello (e-mail address removed),

Add reference to the ScriptManager assembly, which sould appear in GAC after
installing ASP.NET AJAX

to do this make right mouse click on project in VS IDE -> Add Reference ->
find System.Web.Extension in the list and press ok
after then in web,config the following will appear

<assemblies>
<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

bbawa1

Hello (e-mail address removed),

Add reference to the ScriptManager assembly, which sould appear in GAC after
installing ASP.NET AJAX

to do this make right mouse click on project in VS IDE -> Add Reference ->
find System.Web.Extension in the list and press ok
after then in web,config the following will appear

<assemblies>
<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog:http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog:http://devkids.blogspot.com/

I didn't edit my web config file. What I have to edit in it.- Hide quoted text -

I did that but still it doesn't work

Martin Hughes

Somewhere in the docs there is a sample of everything that needs to be added
to the web.config file - you could copy and paste manually.

Alternatively, if you have no web config file (ie you are using system
defaults for the website) just load up an AJAX enabled website project in
VS2005, which creates a web.config. Then copy and paste that file into the
root of your own app.

Bear in mind though that if you have a customised web.config anyway you will
need to copy and paste the settings into that file, rather than replacing
it.

Hello (e-mail address removed),

Add reference to the ScriptManager assembly, which sould appear in GAC
after
installing ASP.NET AJAX

to do this make right mouse click on project in VS IDE -> Add
Reference ->
find System.Web.Extension in the list and press ok
after then in web,config the following will appear

<assemblies>
<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0,
Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog:http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog:http://devkids.blogspot.com/

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and
we

On May 7, 12:06 pm, "Martin Hughes" <[email protected]> wrote:
Have you edited the web.config?
On May 7, 11:02 am, Anon User <[email protected]> wrote:
On May 7, 7:13 pm, (e-mail address removed) wrote:
Hey,
I have a master.page and a Default.aspx page. I'm trying to use
AJAX
to postback to the server. However, when I place the
<asp:ScriptManager ...tag on the Default.aspx page I get an
"Element
'ScriptManager' is not a known element. This can occur if there is
compilation error on the Web site."
What is the problem here? Am I missing something?
Did you installed the ASP.NET
AJAX?http://ajax.asp.net/docs/InstallingASPNETAJAX.aspx
Yes I already installed ASP.NET AJAX.- Hide quoted text -