Alert-mode select list

Jason Whittle

I would like to create a control similar or identical to the <SELECT>
HTML element that operates in the same mode as window.alert(),
window.confirm() and window.prompt(). Another way to say it is that
I'm trying to create a function that is just like window.prompt()
except that it has a drop-down menu instead of a text box.

Is this something that has been done before, and if so, is there
source available? If not, is there a more general function that
creates a modal dialogue like alert, confirm and prompt?

For the curious and anyone who thinks modal dialogues are a Bad Idea,
this technique is intended for mobile Safari, which does not respond
to focus() calls.

Cheers,
Jason Whittle

Martin Honnen

Jason said:
I would like to create a control similar or identical to the <SELECT>
HTML element that operates in the same mode as window.alert(),
window.confirm() and window.prompt(). Another way to say it is that
I'm trying to create a function that is just like window.prompt()
except that it has a drop-down menu instead of a text box.

Is this something that has been done before, and if so, is there
source available? If not, is there a more general function that
creates a modal dialogue like alert, confirm and prompt?

IE has showModalDialog where you can use a HTML document to create
contents of the dialog window, see
<URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536759.aspx>

ASM

En réponse à Jason Whittle qui écrivit, en date du : 7/09/07 19:55, le
Thank you for your response, Martin.

This looks very much like what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I can't
find anything similar for Safari. Is anyone aware of a similar
function available in Safari?

search google "modal dialog"
to find JS code to simulate a modal dialog box you could make as you like it

http://prototype-window.xilinus.com/samples.html
http://jquery.com/demo/thickbox/
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/dropinbox.htm
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/