    Is there a setting in IE which allows users to copy text in alert
    dialogs? An alert box is such a nice quick 'printf', but in IE you
    can't select and copy it. FF allows the copy.
    okey, Jun 25, 2009

  2. okey

    Evertjan. Guest

    okey wrote on 25 jun 2009 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Is there a setting in IE which allows users to copy text in alert
    > dialogs? An alert box is such a nice quick 'printf', but in IE you
    > can't select and copy it. FF allows the copy.

    Any javascript question here?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jun 25, 2009

  3. okey

    okey Guest

    Re: alert text; copy - ie no, ff yes; a secret setting?

    On Jun 25, 8:23 am, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    > okey wrote on 25 jun 2009 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >
    > > Is there a setting in IE which allows users to copy text in alert
    > > dialogs?  An alert box is such a nice quick 'printf', but in IE you
    > > can't select and copy it.  FF allows the copy.

    > Any javascript question here?
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    Is there an answer here?
    okey, Jun 25, 2009
  4. okey

    On Jun 25, 9:28 am, Ivan Marsh <> wrote:
    > okey wrote:
    > > Is there a setting in IE which allows users to copy text in alert
    > > dialogs?  An alert box is such a nice quick 'printf', but in IE you
    > > can't select and copy it.  FF allows the copy.

    > I believe you can if you use ctrl-c, ctrl-v rather than right-clicking on
    > it.
    >
    > --
    > "All right, all right, if it will make you happy, I will overthrow society."
    >   - Philip J. Fry

    DOH! Thanks Mr. Marsh.
    okey, Jun 25, 2009
  5. okey

    Evertjan. Guest

    Re: alert text; copy - ie no, ff yes; a secret setting?

    okey wrote on 25 jun 2009 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > On Jun 25, 8:23 am, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    >> okey wrote on 25 jun 2009 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >>
    >> > Is there a setting in IE which allows users to copy text in alert
    >> > dialogs?  An alert box is such a nice quick 'printf', but in IE you
    >> > can't select and copy it.  FF allows the copy.

    >> Any javascript question here?

    [please do not quote signatures on usenet]

    > Is there an answer here?

    Depends on the question.
    Please do not exeed the topic of the NG.
    IE settings are not a Javascript subject.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jun 25, 2009