Align a Table In Master Pages

DAL

I tried to use align="center", but a message comes up saying the align
element is outdated. I am looking for the correct way center a table in a
Master Page. Thank you in advance, DAL.

Erik Funkenbusch

I tried to use align="center", but a message comes up saying the align
element is outdated. I am looking for the correct way center a table in a
Master Page. Thank you in advance, DAL.

There's no such thing as 'correct', only valid and invalid.

Visual Studio 2005 defaults to XHTML 1.0 Transitional, and align is
deprecated in XHTML. You can either change to HTML 4, or use CSS (or both,
but that's kind of pointless).