    right.

    Thanks in advance

    Ingo
    Ingo R. Kirchner, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Ingo R. Kirchner wrote:
    > how can I align the content of an OptionList, as default alignment is left,
    > but I have numbers with a currency smbol in the list and want to align them
    > right.

    What's an OptionList?
    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 30, 2003

  3. <html>

    </select>

    and i want to align 'abc' right

    Ingo R. Kirchner, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Ingo R. Kirchner

    Jay Guest

    "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in message
    > Ingo R. Kirchner wrote:
    > > how can I align the content of an OptionList, as default alignment is

    left,
    > > but I have numbers with a currency smbol in the list and want to align

    them
    > > right.

    > What's an OptionList?

    Are you serious?

    - J
    Jay, Dec 30, 2003
  5. Ingo R. Kirchner

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:06:22 GMT, Jay declared in alt.html:
    > "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> What's an OptionList?

    > Are you serious?

    I can't find OptionList in the specs anywhere, can you?

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Dec 30, 2003
  6. Ingo R. Kirchner

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:bsshg0$4o6$06$-online.com>
    Ingo R. Kirchner said:

    > how can I align the content of an OptionList, as default alignment is left,
    > but I have numbers with a currency smbol in the list and want to align them
    > right.

    select,option{text-align:right;}

    --
    brucie
    31/December/2003 07:52:28 am kilo
    brucie, Dec 30, 2003
  7. Jay wrote:
    >>What's an OptionList?

    > Are you serious?

    Yes. I guessed the OP was referring to a <select/>, but OptionList in
    camelcase makes it sound like the name of something.
    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 30, 2003
  8. Ingo R. Kirchner

    Jay Guest

    "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:06:22 GMT, Jay declared in alt.html:
    > > "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> What's an OptionList?

    > > Are you serious?
    > >

    > I can't find OptionList in the specs anywhere, can you?

    Come on now Mark, that's just stupid.

    Step outside of your box for a moment and try to think about it for just one
    second (that's all it takes...really).

    What's the point of posting a reply when you're just going to be anal about
    it?

    If someone asked how to make the main content of their web pages bold and
    left aligned, would you say you can't find "main content" anywhere in the
    specs?

    - J
    Jay, Dec 30, 2003
  9. Ingo R. Kirchner

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Dec 30, 2003
  10. sorry, I think the english word is select box with <select><option>

    i could not find any help in german

    Ingo R. Kirchner, Dec 30, 2003
  11. Hi Mark,

    it does not work

    thanks anyway

    Ingo

    Ingo R. Kirchner, Dec 30, 2003
  12. Ingo R. Kirchner

    Jay Guest

    "Ingo R. Kirchner" <> wrote in message
    > sorry, I think the english word is select box with <select><option>
    >
    > i could not find any help in german

    I tried using CSS but did not work. I looked it up and I don't think it's
    possible using HTML. There may be a JavaScript solution based on the length
    of the longest string?

    - J
    Jay, Dec 30, 2003
  13. ok, i just wanted to be sure not have overseen something, sorry for the
    confusion

    thanks

    Ingo

    Ingo R. Kirchner, Dec 30, 2003
  14. Jay wrote:
    > "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:06:22 GMT, Jay declared in alt.html:
    >>> "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in message

    >>> Are you serious?
    >>>

    >> I can't find OptionList in the specs anywhere, can you?

    > Come on now Mark, that's just stupid.

    really? I guessed (wronly it transpires) the o/p had mis-typed "Ordered
    List"

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Dec 30, 2003
  15. Jay wrote:
    > If someone asked how to make the main content of their web pages bold and
    > left aligned, would you say you can't find "main content" anywhere in the
    > specs?

    No, but I would if they asked about the MainContent.
    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 30, 2003
  16. Ingo R. Kirchner

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:20:14 +0100, Ingo R. Kirchner declared in
    alt.html:
    [Top-posting corrected]
    > "Mark Parnell" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>
    >> select { text-align: right; }

    > it does not work

    Not in Microsoft's browser-like OS component, no (I didn't test it there
    at first). But it does in both Mozilla and Opera. I can't see any other
    way of doing it though.

    Mark Parnell, Dec 30, 2003
  17. Ingo R. Kirchner

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:02:15 GMT, Jay declared in alt.html:
    > "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I can't find OptionList in the specs anywhere, can you?

    > Come on now Mark, that's just stupid.

    Really? It is pretty ambiguous from here.

    > Step outside of your box for a moment and try to think about it for just one
    > second (that's all it takes...really).

    I did. As with Lief, I *guessed* the OP meant a <select> element, but it
    could have been something else.

    > If someone asked how to make the main content of their web pages bold and
    > left aligned, would you say you can't find "main content" anywhere in the
    > specs?

    No, but as I said, OptionList is ambiguous. And the way it is typed
    makes it look like it is supposed to be a proper name. Which it isn't
    (in HTML, anyway).

    Mark Parnell, Dec 30, 2003