Align the content of an Optionlist

Ingo R. Kirchner

Hi,

how can I align the content of an OptionList, as default alignment is left,
but I have numbers with a currency smbol in the list and want to align them
right.

Thanks in advance

Ingo

Leif K-Brooks

Ingo said:
how can I align the content of an OptionList, as default alignment is left,
but I have numbers with a currency smbol in the list and want to align them
right.

What's an OptionList?

Ingo R. Kirchner

</select>

and i want to align 'abc' right

brucie

how can I align the content of an OptionList, as default alignment is left,
but I have numbers with a currency smbol in the list and want to align them
right.

select,option{text-align:right;}

Leif K-Brooks

Jay said:
Are you serious?

Yes. I guessed the OP was referring to a <select/>, but OptionList in
camelcase makes it sound like the name of something.

Jay

Mark Parnell said:
I can't find OptionList in the specs anywhere, can you?

Come on now Mark, that's just stupid.

Step outside of your box for a moment and try to think about it for just one
second (that's all it takes...really).

What's the point of posting a reply when you're just going to be anal about
it?

If someone asked how to make the main content of their web pages bold and
left aligned, would you say you can't find "main content" anywhere in the
specs?

- J

Ingo R. Kirchner

sorry, I think the english word is select box with <select><option>

i could not find any help in german

Jay

Ingo R. Kirchner said:
sorry, I think the english word is select box with <select><option>

i could not find any help in german

I tried using CSS but did not work. I looked it up and I don't think it's
possible using HTML. There may be a JavaScript solution based on the length
of the longest string?

- J

Ingo R. Kirchner

ok, i just wanted to be sure not have overseen something, sorry for the
confusion

thanks

Ingo

Leif K-Brooks

Jay said:
If someone asked how to make the main content of their web pages bold and
left aligned, would you say you can't find "main content" anywhere in the
specs?

No, but I would if they asked about the MainContent.

Mark Parnell

[Top-posting corrected]
it does not work

Not in Microsoft's browser-like OS component, no (I didn't test it there
at first). But it does in both Mozilla and Opera. I can't see any other
way of doing it though.

Mark Parnell

Come on now Mark, that's just stupid.

Really? It is pretty ambiguous from here.
Step outside of your box for a moment and try to think about it for just one
second (that's all it takes...really).

If someone asked how to make the main content of their web pages bold and
left aligned, would you say you can't find "main content" anywhere in the
specs?

No, but as I said, OptionList is ambiguous. And the way it is typed
makes it look like it is supposed to be a proper name. Which it isn't
(in HTML, anyway).