Allow the user to select a folder

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kuldeep, Jun 29, 2007.

  1. Kuldeep

    Kuldeep Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a requirement, where the user has to select a folder and all the
    files in that folder have to be imported to my databse.
    To acheive this i need a control which enables the user to select only a
    "FOLDER", and does not expect the user to select a file.

    When "html - fileInput" or "asp:FileUpload" is used, these controls do not
    accept a selected folder and expects a single file to be selected.

    My environment:

    Framework: Visual Studio 2005
    Technology: ASP.NET 2.0
    Language: C#.NET 2.0

    Thanks in advance,
    Kuldeep

    Kuldeep, Jun 29, 2007

  2. There is no way unless you want to try some ActiveX.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2l2YSBN?=, Jun 29, 2007

  3. Kuldeep

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Jun 29, 2007