    Ixon Guest

    Is it possible to make transparent DIV ???

    Ixon
    Ixon, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Ixon wrote:

    > Is it possible to make transparent DIV ???

    Use a PNG background images. (alpha goes grey in MSIE though)

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Nov 25, 2003

  3. Ixon

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Ixon

    Sid Ismail Guest

    Sid Ismail, Nov 25, 2003
  5. Ixon

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Sid Ismail wrote:
    > Nico Schuyt wrote
    >> Ixon wrote:

    >>> Is it possible to make transparent DIV ???

    >> Maybe a CSS-filter is the solution (IE only)
    >> http://www.fred.net/dhark/demos/css/css_filter_examples.html

    > Superb link - thanks!

    Really? I was under the impression that filters in this ng are concidered as
    being a condemnable techniques (something like frames :)
    So I hesitated to advice the OP. Anyway, I think it's an interesting method
    for (no essential) presentation..
    A few other links:
    http://www.ssi-developer.net/css/visual-filters.shtml
    http://www22.brinkster.com/nieuwe/cssfilter.html
    Cheers, Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Ixon

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:09:33 +0100, "Nico Schuyt" <>
    wrote:

    : >> Maybe a CSS-filter is the solution (IE only)
    : >> http://www.fred.net/dhark/demos/css/css_filter_examples.html
    :
    : > Superb link - thanks!
    :
    : Really? I was under the impression that filters in this ng are concidered as
    : being a condemnable techniques (something like frames :)

    They are CSS-driven, and that's nice. Browsers that can't filter won't mess
    browsing up. :))

    For instance, http://semmens.port5.com

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Nov 26, 2003
  7. Ixon

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    Sid Ismail <> wrote:

    > : >> Maybe a CSS-filter is the solution (IE only)
    > : >> http://www.fred.net/dhark/demos/css/css_filter_examples.html
    > :
    > : > Superb link - thanks!
    > :
    > : Really? I was under the impression that filters in this ng are concidered as
    > : being a condemnable techniques (something like frames :)
    >

    > They are CSS-driven, and that's nice. Browsers that can't filter won't mess
    > browsing up. :))

    The filter may even be a better method than opaque PNG images. Imagine
    the browser has CSS enabled but images disabled (or the PNG does not
    load for a different reason), then the element to which it was applied
    will be fully transparent (transparent background color was required for
    the effect). When the filter method does not work for some reason, it
    will leave you with a filled background.

    The first situation may lead to unreadable content, while the second
    does not.

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)
    Kris, Nov 26, 2003
  8. Ixon

    Ixon Guest

    THANK YOU

    U¿ytkownik "Ixon" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    > Is it possible to make transparent DIV ???

    THANK YOU ALL !! :):)
    helped me very much.

    Greetings.

    Ixon.