ALPHA-BLENDING ??

Nico Schuyt

Kris

Sid Ismail said:
: >> Maybe a CSS-filter is the solution (IE only)
: >> http://www.fred.net/dhark/demos/css/css_filter_examples.html
:
: > Superb link - thanks!
:
: Really? I was under the impression that filters in this ng are concidered as
: being a condemnable techniques (something like frames :)

They are CSS-driven, and that's nice. Browsers that can't filter won't mess
browsing up. :))

The filter may even be a better method than opaque PNG images. Imagine
the browser has CSS enabled but images disabled (or the PNG does not
load for a different reason), then the element to which it was applied
will be fully transparent (transparent background color was required for
the effect). When the filter method does not work for some reason, it
will leave you with a filled background.

The first situation may lead to unreadable content, while the second
does not.