    site in question is at,
    www.sim64.co.uk
    TIA.

    T.J., Jan 24, 2004

  2. T.J.

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:buto87$ma9$>
    "T.J." <> said:

    > I have just started using a new font Silkscreen

    Crosspost, don't multipost
    Why and how to crosspost

    > I am trying to use it in my h1 tags

    ^^^^ elements

    > h1{ font-family: Silkscreen, Splendid, Gospel, Arial;
    > On my system it still appears as Gospel,

    if silkscreen is unavailable and you have splendid installed you should
    be seeing splendid.

    > is there a way to prioritise which font is displayed?

    you've already done it. the first font specified that is also available
    on the visitors computer is used.

    no silkscreen use splendid, no splendid use gospel, no gospel use arial,
    no arial use system default.

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude

    brucie, Jan 24, 2004

  3. T.J.

    T.J. Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post: <news:buto87$ma9$>
    > "T.J." <> said:
    >
    > > I have just started using a new font Silkscreen

    > Crosspost, don't multipost
    > http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost
    > Why and how to crosspost
    > http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html
    >
    > > I am trying to use it in my h1 tags

    > ^^^^ elements
    >
    > > h1{ font-family: Silkscreen, Splendid, Gospel, Arial;
    > > On my system it still appears as Gospel,

    > if silkscreen is unavailable and you have splendid installed you should
    > be seeing splendid.
    >
    > > is there a way to prioritise which font is displayed?

    > you've already done it. the first font specified that is also available
    > on the visitors computer is used.
    >
    > no silkscreen use splendid, no splendid use gospel, no gospel use arial,
    > no arial use system default.
    >
    > --
    > brucie - i usenet nude

    Thanks for the reply brucie,
    That is what I assumed.
    But I have Silkscreen available and yet it still displays as
    splendid (sorry said gospel in op)
    If I remove the others and use
    h1{ font-family: Silkscreen;}
    it then displays ok

    T.J., Jan 24, 2004
  4. T.J.

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:butr0e$odb$>
    "T.J." <> said:

    >>> is there a way to prioritise which font is displayed?

    >> you've already done it. the first font specified that is also available
    >> on the visitors computer is used.
    >>
    >> no silkscreen use splendid, no splendid use gospel, no gospel use arial,
    >> no arial use system default.

    > But I have Silkscreen available and yet it still displays as
    > splendid (sorry said gospel in op)
    > If I remove the others and use
    > h1{ font-family: Silkscreen;}
    > it then displays ok

    i assume yor restarted windows after installing the new fonts
    check for errors: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
    find someone with the same fonts installed to see if they get the same
    results.

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude

    brucie, Jan 24, 2004
  5. T.J.

    Richard Guest

    T.J. wrote:

    > I have just started using a new font
    > Silkscreen available from
    > www.kottke.org
    > I am trying to use it in my h1 tags using
    > h1{ font-family: Silkscreen, Splendid, Gospel, Arial;
    > font-size:280%; font-weight:bold; text-align:center}
    > in my .css
    > As I don't know how common it is, I have added the
    > others as well.
    > On my system it still appears as Gospel, is there a way to
    > prioritise which font is displayed?
    > site in question is at,
    > www.sim64.co.uk
    > TIA.

    You just put the font into the font folder right?
    To ensure fonts take "hold", you have to reboot the machine.
    then if it's not in the font folder at all, the system will never see it.

    Richard, Jan 24, 2004
  6. T.J.

    T.J. Guest

    "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message news:...
    > T.J. wrote:
    >
    > > I have just started using a new font
    > > Silkscreen available from
    > > www.kottke.org
    > > I am trying to use it in my h1 tags using
    > > h1{ font-family: Silkscreen, Splendid, Gospel, Arial;
    > > font-size:280%; font-weight:bold; text-align:center}
    > > in my .css
    > > As I don't know how common it is, I have added the
    > > others as well.
    > > On my system it still appears as Gospel, is there a way to
    > > prioritise which font is displayed?
    > > site in question is at,
    > > www.sim64.co.uk
    > > TIA.

    > You just put the font into the font folder right?
    > To ensure fonts take "hold", you have to reboot the machine.
    > then if it's not in the font folder at all, the system will never see it.

    It is definitely in my system, I have just tested this by
    opening Word up and using the font.
    The .css validates, and there are no spelling mistakes.
    Any other ideas as to what the problem may be?
    It's got me baffled.

    T.J., Jan 24, 2004
  7. T.J.

    T.J. Guest

    "T.J." <> wrote in message news:buubsk$amd$...

    > "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message news:...
    > > T.J. wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have just started using a new font
    > > > Silkscreen available from
    > > > www.kottke.org
    > > > I am trying to use it in my h1 tags using
    > > > h1{ font-family: Silkscreen, Splendid, Gospel, Arial;
    > > > font-size:280%; font-weight:bold; text-align:center}
    > > > in my .css
    > > > As I don't know how common it is, I have added the
    > > > others as well.
    > > > On my system it still appears as Gospel, is there a way to
    > > > prioritise which font is displayed?
    > > > site in question is at,
    > > > www.sim64.co.uk
    > > > TIA.

    > > You just put the font into the font folder right?
    > > To ensure fonts take "hold", you have to reboot the machine.
    > > then if it's not in the font folder at all, the system will never see it.
    > >

    > It is definitely in my system, I have just tested this by
    > opening Word up and using the font.
    > The .css validates, and there are no spelling mistakes.
    > Any other ideas as to what the problem may be?
    > It's got me baffled.

    No problem now.
    It was my browser settings (I.E 6)
    I didn't have the encoding set up right.
    Set it to Auto-select and problem solved.
    Thanks all

    T.J., Jan 24, 2004