Alternative to Tools.h++

Sachin Kailaje

Hi all,

I am working on the Linux porting of a code base that is 5-6 years old
and is presently on HP-UX. I need a freeware replacement to the
Tools.h++ libraries that have been used extensively in the original
code.

Anybody out there knows of such a FREE replacement?

Thanks,
Sachin Kailaje.

Greg P.

| Hi all,
| Anybody out there knows of such a FREE replacement?

What is tools.h++? Does it layer the C++ SL? Does it include shims, veneers,
"bolt-ins"?

Have you looked into boost? www.boost.org
Have you looked into STLsoft? www.stlsoft.org

Both libraries pretty much cover everything (except for stlsoft, which
covers a broader range than boost). Use them together and you have a nice
toolbox!