am I or is IE going crazy

Discussion in 'HTML' started by windandwaves, Feb 28, 2006.

  1. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    Hi Gurus

    I have a float div (float right), when I try to bring it a bit to the centre
    with margin-right, it moves double the specified area. When I use padding,
    it only does the specified distance.

    The same thing does not apply to Firefox.

    To see an example go to

    http://www.matterhorn.co.nz/test/live.php

    for the logo (the funny M), if I #mhl {padding-right: 25px;} it is all good,
    but with #mhl {margin-right: 25px;} it moves 50pixels....

    TIA

    > Nicolaas

    What is going on?

    TIA

    windandwaves, Feb 28, 2006

  2. windandwaves

    Wÿrm Guest

    "windandwaves" <> kirjoitti
    viestissä:YRPMf.198$...

    > Hi Gurus
    >
    > I have a float div (float right), when I try to bring it a bit to the
    > centre with margin-right, it moves double the specified area.

    Maybe you are being plagued by Internet Explorer double margin bug. See more
    about that (and solutions) in
    http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/doubled-margin.html

    <snip>

    Wÿrm, Feb 28, 2006

  3. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    Wÿrm wrote:
    > "windandwaves" <> kirjoitti
    > viestissä:YRPMf.198$...
    >
    >> Hi Gurus
    >>
    >> I have a float div (float right), when I try to bring it a bit to the
    >> centre with margin-right, it moves double the specified area.

    > Maybe you are being plagued by Internet Explorer double margin bug.
    > See more about that (and solutions) in
    > http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/doubled-margin.html
    >
    > <snip>

    Thank you..... I think that is it!