amusing error message

Active8

This is amusing.

I've got 2 windowing functions for Hamming and Hanning windows I was
rewriting and I got ham and han as variables mixed up.

vector<MCComplex> vOut = vIn;

double han = 0.5 - 0.5 * cos( factor * i );
vOut.SetReal( ham * vOut.GetReal() );

error C2563: mismatch in formal parameter list

Since there was an STL vector involved with that screwup, I thought,
"WTF?". I found the error quickly, but I would have expected a

error C2065: 'ham' : undeclared identifier

Cute, eh? VC++ 6.0?