an XML-based format with semantics like RFC 5322 (RFC 822)?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Ivan Shmakov, Dec 8, 2011.

  1. Ivan Shmakov

    Ivan Shmakov Guest

    I wonder, is there an XML-based format, providing a set of
    elements similar to the RFC 5322 (RFC 822) standard header
    fields (i. e., Subject:, From:, Message-Id:, etc.)?

    The idea is to be able to exchange digitally-signed XML
    documents (as per [1]) via e-mail and otherwise, and have all
    the essential parts of the e-mail header reside in the
    (digitally signed) XML document itself.

    (The ultimate idea is to unify e-mail, NetNews, Wiki's, blog's,
    bug trackers, etc. over a single XML-based representation.)

    TIA.

    [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/

    --
    FSF associate member #7257
    Ivan Shmakov, Dec 8, 2011

  2. * Ivan Shmakov wrote in comp.text.xml:
    > I wonder, is there an XML-based format, providing a set of
    > elements similar to the RFC 5322 (RFC 822) standard header
    > fields (i. e., Subject:, From:, Message-Id:, etc.)?

    There have been a number of efforts, as far I am aware they all died.
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klyne-message-rfc822-xml-03 is one.
    Bjoern Hoehrmann, Dec 8, 2011

  3. Ivan Shmakov

    Ivan Shmakov Guest

    >> I wonder, is there an XML-based format, providing a set of
    >> elements similar to the RFC 5322 (RFC 822) standard header
    >> fields (i. e., Subject:, From:, Message-Id:, etc.)?

    > There have been a number of efforts, as far I am aware they all died.
    > http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klyne-message-rfc822-xml-03 is one.

    ACK. Thanks!

    --
    FSF associate member #7257
    Ivan Shmakov, Dec 9, 2011
  4. Ivan Shmakov

    Kari Hurtta Guest

    Ivan Shmakov <> writes at comp.mail.misc:

    > I wonder, is there an XML-based format, providing a set of
    > elements similar to the RFC 5322 (RFC 822) standard header
    > fields (i. e., Subject:, From:, Message-Id:, etc.)?

    Someone may have put mail headers to XML (and I think that I have seen that some times),
    but I do not think that that is standardized.

    > The idea is to be able to exchange digitally-signed XML
    > documents (as per [1]) via e-mail and otherwise, and have all
    > the essential parts of the e-mail header reside in the
    > (digitally signed) XML document itself.
    >
    > (The ultimate idea is to unify e-mail, NetNews, Wiki's, blog's,
    > bug trackers, etc. over a single XML-based representation.)
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/
    >
    > --
    > FSF associate member #7257