And your most clever trick

Following on from my earlier poll, what the cleverest htm / css / javascript
trick you've come across lately?

I don't know how to design with javascript. I generally pillage script farms
and then tweak them to my needs for those rare times I've used them.
However, I recently came across this site:

http://vikjavev.no/highslide/?user=1

This thumbnail viewer is pretty clever. A clever animation trick expands it
into the full size photo complete with caption. And, if the viewer has
turned off their javascript it degrades nicely to a simple link to the
original image.

Amos E Wolfe

M said:
Following on from my earlier poll, what the cleverest htm / css /
javascript trick you've come across lately?

I don't know how to design with javascript. I generally pillage script
farms and then tweak them to my needs for those rare times I've used them.
However, I recently came across this site:

http://vikjavev.no/highslide/?user=1

This thumbnail viewer is pretty clever. A clever animation trick expands
it into the full size photo complete with caption. And, if the viewer has
turned off their javascript it degrades nicely to a simple link to the
original image.

For the first time in years I must say I am genuinely impressed with
something done in JavaScript. The fact it degrades cleanly when JavaScript
is not available is what clinches it. I tested this in Firefox by disabling
Javascript using the "web developer" toolbar and all the thumbnail images
simply linked to the larger version. Something I think I'll be using in the
future.

Amos E Wolfe said:
For the first time in years I must say I am genuinely impressed with
something done in JavaScript. The fact it degrades cleanly when JavaScript
is not available is what clinches it. I tested this in Firefox by
disabling Javascript using the "web developer" toolbar and all the
thumbnail images simply linked to the larger version. Something I think
I'll be using in the future.

Over at alt.comp.freeware someone put me onto this script:
http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/

Very similar and it too, degrades nicely.