[ANN] Amrita2 1.9.6

Taku Nakajima

------=_Part_28839_5549044.1133946173167

Amrita2 is a XML/HTML template library for Ruby. I released a new
version 1.9.6 as BETA1 for 2.0. Get it from

http://amrita2.rubyforge.org/

I reduced undocumented features and refactored much to prepare the
comming stable release. And ..

* added gemspec and make it Rails plugin
* simplified the ERB processing feature
* new feature for setting two attributes (like class=3D'odd' and
class=3D'even') alternately

Now Amrita2 template can contain ERB source in it.

]]></td>

CDATA in <td> element will be evaluated as many times as number of
'languages' data. And each item will be set to '$_' before ERB
evaluating. See this page for detail.

How to use Amrita2 with Ruby On Rails
http://amrita2.rubyforge.org/Rails.html

And this method setup Template to insert two attributes alternately.

def languages_setup_template(template)
tmpl =3D Amrita2::TemplateText.new(template)
tmpl.use_erb(binding)
tmpl.element_option[:languages] =3D { :mv_attr=3D> { :class=3D>%w(odd e=
ven)
} }
tmpl
end

This template produces output like this.

Ruby</a></td>
perl</a></td>
python</a></td>

Gavin Sinclair

Taku said:
Amrita2 is a XML/HTML template library for Ruby. I released a new
version 1.9.6 as BETA1 for 2.0.

Great. Any chance you could release Amrita as a gem?

Thanks,
Gavin

Taku Nakajima

Great. Any chance you could release Amrita as a gem?

I have uploaded gem of Amrita2 to rubyforge. So, you can install
Amrita2 by gem now. Just type

# gem install amrita2

I will upload gem of Amrita 1.0.X with next release of Amrita2.