[ANN] cerise 0.4

will

Hello folks, I'm happy to announce the release of cerise 0.4 at
http://rubyforge.org/projects/cerise/

cerise is a web application server, somewhat similar to J2EE servers
but much more flexible and lightweight being written in Ruby. There
have been three revisions and many changes since I announced 0.2 on
this list.

* migrated to ruby 1.8.1, use included logger, etc
* support for publishing Ruby objects as SOAP services
* allow form validation rules to be Procs or Symbols
* HTTPS support with OpenSSL
* HTTP basic authentication
* default page for an application
* configurable session managers, and session timeouts
* timeouts for inactive DBI connections in pool
* file serving via FileHandler
* fast HTTP 1.1 server
* updated documentation and examples

cerise 0.4 is a pre-release in preparation for 0.5, to be released sometime
after ruby 1.8.1. Both releases will depend on SOAP4R and Logger from 1.8.1.
If you are not yet ready to run the latest ruby preview, cerise 0.3.5
contains all of the above features except for SOAP support and enhanced
validation rules.

Regards,
Will