[ANN]: circuits-1.0b1 released!

James Mills

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of circuits-1.0b1

Overview
======

circuits is an event-driven framework with a focus on Component
Software Architectures where System Functionality is defined in
Components. Components communicate with one another by propagating
events throughout the system. Each Component can react to events and
expose events to other parts of the system Components are able to
manage their own events and can also be linked to other Components.

circuits has a clean architecture and has no external dependencies on
any other library. It's simplistic design is unmatchable but yet
delivers a powerful framework for building large, scalable,
maintainable applications and systems. circuits was a core integral
part of the pymills library developed in 2006 and was partly inspired
by the Trac architecture.

Quick Examples
--------------------

Hello World!
~~~~~~~~
.... @listener("hello")
.... def onHELLO(self):
.... print "Hello World!"Hello World!

Hello Web!
~~~~~~~

from circuits.lib.web import Server, Controller
class HelloWorld(Controller):
def index(self):
return "Hello World!"
server = Server(8000)
server += HelloWorld()
server.run()

Hello Web! (WSGI)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

from circuits.lib.web import Application, Controller
class HelloWorld(Controller):
def index(self):
return "Hello World!"
application = Application()
application += HelloWorld()

Download circuits using easy_install or from here:
http://trac.softcircuit.com.au/circuits/downloads
or from the Python Package Index.

Please visit the circuits website for more information about circuits,
or to file bug reports or enhancements.

http://trac.softcircuit.com.au/circuits/

--JamesMills