ANN: CLINT sixmonthiversary release

Richard Heathfield

Announcing the latest release of CLINT, the portable C library for people
with style but no class. :)

http://www.rjgh.co.uk/prg/c/wnn/index.php

Licence: GPL (but if you don't like GPL, read the above page for more info).

CLINT is now six months old (elapsed); over that time, I have spent several
minutes writing the actual code. With this latest release, CLINT now
provides the following features:

| stretchy strings
| vectors of stretchy strings
| bignums

Feedback (especially bug reports) welcome.

Richard Heathfield

Richard said:
Announcing the latest release of CLINT, the portable C library for people
with style but no class. :)

http://www.rjgh.co.uk/prg/c/wnn/index.php

Feedback (especially bug reports) welcome.

Well, here's my very own bug report. I hit a segfault problem on certain
large numerical calculations, and tracked it down to the subtraction
routine, but I then reached head-scratching point. Ian Woods discovered
that I hadn't set the size of the destination buffer correctly (in fact, he
discovered that I hadn't set it *at all*!).

I have therefore released a new version, 1.0g, which fixes this problem. It
also includes fixes for three memory leaks, and improved logging on the
bigint routines. As a bit of /positive/ news (as opposed to non-negative),
I've also added AND, OR, XOR and NOT for bigints.

The (zipped) tarball now weighs in at about 80KB.

Thanks for your time.