ANN: Cryptopia 1.0rc2

Heiko Wundram

Overview
========

Cryptopia is a Python public key cryptography library which was designed
around a new wrapper for the GMP library which supports a mutable integer
type and exports the gmp_rand* functionality. Currently it offers ElGamal and
RSA encryption/signing support and wrapped key classes for these two public
key cryptography algorithms which ease safe pickling/unpickling of
signatures/key data.

Cryptopia will be extended with key management support in the near future
(signing keys with other keys and a GPG-like trust system).

Cryptopia does not implement symmetric cyphers (such as Blowfish, etc.), and
probably never will (unless someone else volunteers to do the work ;)).

Dependencies
============

Cryptopia has been designed and tested on a *nix system, and as such I can
only be sure that it will build on a *nix system (more specific, Linux and
Solaris) with libgmp >= 4 installed. Otherwise, Cryptopia does not require
any special dependencies, except a working C compiler and an installation of
the Python runtime (distutils).

Building
========

python setup.py install

Download
========

To download Cryptopia and give it a shot go here:

http://www.heim-d.de/~heikowu/Crypto

License
=======

Cryptopia is licensed under the BSD license. Look into LICENSE (contained in
the archive) for more info.

Feedback
========

Mail me directly. I'd be grateful if I could hear some feedback on
building/using the library on other machines, esp. Windows.

Further comments

If anybody knows of a better name, feel free to contact me off list. ;)