[ANN] FasterCSV 0.1.6 -- With Header Support!

ara.t.howard

Hi James,

I'm using ruby1.8.4 on win32. When I require 'faster_csv', it just
fails. I've found the problem comes from 'forwardable' module. I have
no idea why the 'forwardable' fails to be required as well. A bug of
ruby?

are you sure you are running ruby-1.8.4 and not another ruby on the system?

-a

James Edward Gray II

Hi James,

I'm using ruby1.8.4 on win32. When I require 'faster_csv', it just
fails. I've found the problem comes from 'forwardable' module. I have
no idea why the 'forwardable' fails to be required as well. A bug of
ruby?

Forwardable was standard long before 1.8.4 and I know some people are
using FasterCSV under windows. I something is goofy with your
setup. :(

James Edward Gray II

Gregory Brown

Hi James,

I'm using ruby1.8.4 on win32. When I require 'faster_csv', it just
fails. I've found the problem comes from 'forwardable' module. I have
no idea why the 'forwardable' fails to be required as well. A bug of
ruby?

No problems here:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Gregory Brown>ruby -v
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i386-mswin32]

C:\Documents and Settings\Gregory Brown>gem install fastercsv
Attempting local installation of 'fastercsv'
Local gem file not found: fastercsv*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'fastercsv'
Successfully installed fastercsv-0.1.9
Installing RDoc documentation for fastercsv-0.1.9...

C:\Documents and Settings\Gregory Brown>ruby -e "require 'faster_csv'"

C:\Documents and Settings\Gregory Brown>

Sky.Yin

Sorry for the confusion, the tests run fine from command line. The
require failure only occurs in IRB. Anyway, I'm gonna test the water
now...

Thank you for the faster library.

James Edward Gray II

The require failure only occurs in IRB.

Does it "fail" or just return false? Try using it after the
require. (This is a known RubyGems issue.)

James Edward Gray II

Sky Yin

It returns a 'false'. and "require 'forwardable'" returns the same
'false' as well in IRB. Other dependant modules used by FasterCSV are
fine. Thank you for telling me that issue, which does confuse me for a
while.