[ANN] Instant Rails 1.0 Final has been released!

Curt Hibbs

------=_Part_17829_28148691.1136480401618

This release is unchanged from release candidate 1 other than to update the
version number in the Help>>About dialog.

Instant Rails is a one-stop Rails runtime solution containing Ruby, Rails,
Apache, and MySQL, all preconfigured and ready to run. No installer, you
simply drop it into the directory of your choice and run it. It does not
modify your system environment. This release of Instant Rails is for
Windows, but there are plans for ports to Linux, BSD, and OSX.

The Instant Rails home page has links for downloading and getting started
with Instant Rails:

http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/

If you already have Instant Rails installed, then be sure to read the
upgrade instructions:

http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?How_To_Upgrade

=3D=3D=3D
Instant Rails -- Change Log
=3D=3D=3D

2006.01.05 Instant Rails 1.0 final

* Updated version in Help>>About dialog box to "1.0 final".

2006.01.03 Instant Rails 1.0 RC1

* Reverted Instant Rails Manager to use the file extension
associations for editing config and log files and added
an Instant Rails preference item to force the use of
Notepad.exe (necessary if you have VMWare installed).

* Configure SCGI now initializes the dialog with the current
settings instead of default values.

* Replaced One-Click Ruby Installer 1.8.2 with
ruby-mswin32 1.8.4 (which is what 1.8.4 of the One-Click
one-click installer will be built upon).

2005.12.24 Instant Rails 1.0 preview8

* Restored missing log directories in the sample apps.

2005.12.13 Instant Rails 1.0 preview7
(preview6 was a bad release)

* Included Typo 2.6.0 as a sample app

* Included RedCloth 3.0.4, BlueCloth 1.0.0, and RubyPants 0.2.0
(used as text formatters by Typo).

* Upgraded Rails to 1.0 final

* Instant Rails now detects being run from a directory path
that containd spaces, issues a warning, and quits.

2005-11-08: Instant Rails 1.0 preview5

* Upgraded Rails to Rails 1.0: The Release Candidate 4 (aka 0.14.3)

2005-11-01: Instant Rails 1.0 preview4

* Added mysql\bin to the path in console windows.

2005-10-27: Instant Rails 1.0 preview3

* Upgraded Rails to Rails 1.0: The Release Candidate 3 (aka 0.14.2)

* Upgraded to SCGI Rails Runer 0.4.3

* Added "fxri" to the help menu.

* Fixed a problem where console windows were being opened in the
wrong current directory. This meant that ruby\bin wasn't being
put on the path which, in turn, meant you couldn't execute the
"gem" or "rails" commands.

* Fixed several minor problems.

* Created this change log! Also, added a ToDo.txt file.

------=_Part_17829_28148691.1136480401618--

Curt Hibbs

Hard to say.

Like all open source projects, this is a volunteer effort and we all
have Families and day-jobs, too. A lot of it depends on how much help
we get (hint, hint).

The main task is rewriting the manager app that we forked from
EasyPHP. Its windows C++ app. We are rewriting it as a cross-platform
Rails app, and that effort is just now getting started.

Curt

James Britt

Curt said:
This release is unchanged from release candidate 1 other than to update the
version number in the Help>>About dialog.

Curt, can you explain how I configure Instant Rails to run MySQL on a
port other that 3306? The MySQL configuration option (from the "I"
menu) does not have a place to set a port.

Thanks,

James

Curt Hibbs

Curt, can you explain how I configure Instant Rails to run MySQL on a
port other that 3306? The MySQL configuration option (from the "I"
menu) does not have a place to set a port.

When you're editing the MySQL config file (from the "I" menu, as you
stated above), add a line to the "[mysqld]" section:

port=3D3344

or whatever port you like. Remember to set a matching "port: 3344" (or
whatever) your Rails app's database.yml

Curt

James Britt

Curt said:
..

When you're editing the MySQL config file (from the "I" menu, as you
stated above), add a line to the "[mysqld]" section:

port=3344

or whatever port you like. Remember to set a matching "port: 3344" (or
whatever) your Rails app's database.yml

Perfect.

Thanks!

James