[ANN] Instiki 0.10.2

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Alex Verhovsky, Jul 30, 2005.

  1. Dear all,

    Coming back from a long hibernation over Microsoft .NET textbooks, I=20
    have just released Instiki 0.10.2.

    Instiki is a Wiki Clone <http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiWikiClones> that'=
    s so easy to set up and so pretty to look at, you'=CDl be wondering wheth=
    er this is a real wiki at all.=20

    It is also the most frequently downloaded end-user application on RubyFor=
    ge, surpassed only by the Ruby One Click Installer and RubyGems.

    0.10.2 is a maintenance release. Primarily it is about fixing the "endles=
    s redirects loop, triggered by a RedCloth exception" bug. Here is the ful=
    l list of changes in the version:

    * Resolved the "endless redirection loop" condition and otherwise improve=
    d handling of errors in the rendering engines
    * Fixed HTML export
    * Upgraded to Rails 0.13.1
    * Added layout=3Dno option to the export_html action (it exports page con=
    tents processed by the markup engine, but without the default layout - so=
    that they can be wrapped in some other layout)
    * <nowiki> tag can span several lines (before it was applied when both op=
    ening and closing tags were on the same line only)
    * Fixed rendering of Markdown hyperlinks such as [Text](http://something.=
    com/foo)

    The released files are available at http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=3D=
    186
    Online documentation is at http://instiki.org (the site is down as I writ=
    e this, but it will be back soon).
    Source code and bug tracker are at http://dev.instiki.org
    An updated gem is already available on RubyForge gem server.

    Best regards,
    Alexey Verkhovsky
    Alex Verhovsky, Jul 30, 2005

  2. On Jul 30, 2005, at 12:03 PM, Alex Verhovsky wrote:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > Coming back from a long hibernation over Microsoft .NET textbooks,
    > I have just released Instiki 0.10.2.

    I'm very interested in the new release, but before I upgrade I have a
    few questions:

    1. I was running into problems with the --daemon feature in the
    0.10.1 release and had to insert my own routine in script/server:

    # ...

    if OPTIONS[:notex]
    OPTIONS[:pdflatex] = false
    else
    begin
    OPTIONS[:pdflatex] = system "pdflatex -version"
    rescue Errno::ENOENT
    OPTIONS[:pdflatex] = false
    end
    end

    ### DAEMON CODE ADDED HERE!!! ###

    exit!(0) if fork
    Process::setsid
    exit!(0) if fork
    Dir::chdir("/")
    File::umask(0)
    [ STDIN, STDOUT, STDERR ].each{|io|
    io.reopen("/dev/null", "r+")
    }

    ### DAEMON CODE ENDS HERE!!! ###

    if defined? INSTIKI_BATCH_JOB

    # ...

    __END__

    Is this issue resolved in the current release?

    2. I'm having trouble PDFing pages on TextDrive. Does this release
    address that at all?

    3. I'm still experiencing some down time I haven't been able to
    track down. Does Instiki do some logging I could use to help find
    the problem?

    Thanks for the information.

    James Edward Gray II
    James Edward Gray II, Aug 5, 2005