[ANN:] IORCC Crossword Puzzle Tips and Hints!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by iorcc@yahoo.com, Mar 24, 2005.

  1. Guest

    There has been a healthy flow of positive response to the 2005 IORCC
    Supplemental Crossword Puzzle.

    With over 720 downloads of the puzzle, and yet not a single finished
    completions submitted it makes one wonder if the puzzle is just too
    hard? I have received a lot of coorespondence about folks wanting
    hints and more clues. So, wanting to be fair to all, there is now a
    public IORCC Crossword Puzzle Hints and Tips. And, the IORCC now uses
    Ecto for its frontend blogging needs. Enjoy the crossword puzzle! Its
    really quite a hoot to work on...

    9 Down Spoken With a Twise, Influential
    47 Across 'Hard Rock' Sponsor
    13 Down In A Class by Itself
    59 Across Persian Island of Rubies

    This puzzle isn't so easy, first one to submit a clean/finished puzzle
    wins a TBD'ed prize from one of the Official IORCC Sponsors grabbag.

    Cheers and Good Luck!,

    Todd Nathan
    IORCC Founder/Judge
    irc://irc.freenode.net/iorcc (SeaForth)
    http://iorcc.dyndns.org/

    Related Links:

    IORCC Blogging Sponsor:
    http://ecto.kung-foo.tv/

    IORCC XWord Puzzle Sponsor:
    http://www.solrobots.com/

    Some Recent Coverage:
    http://redhanded.hobix.com/cult/65AcrossJulianDateOfRubyInception.htm

    The IORCC XWord Puzzle:
    http://iorcc.dyndns.org/2005/puzzles/crossword/2005.xword.png

    The IORCC Hints and Tips Blog:
    http://iorcc.blogspot.com/
    , Mar 24, 2005

  2. Dave Burt Guest

    <> hinted:
    > There has been a healthy flow of positive response to the 2005 IORCC
    > Supplemental Crossword Puzzle.
    >
    > With over 720 downloads of the puzzle, and yet not a single finished
    > completions submitted it makes one wonder if the puzzle is just too
    > hard? I have received a lot of coorespondence about folks wanting
    > hints and more clues. So, wanting to be fair to all, there is now a
    > public IORCC Crossword Puzzle Hints and Tips. And, the IORCC now uses
    > Ecto for its frontend blogging needs. Enjoy the crossword puzzle! Its
    > really quite a hoot to work on...
    >
    > 9 Down Spoken With a Twise, Influential
    > 47 Across 'Hard Rock' Sponsor
    > 13 Down In A Class by Itself
    > 59 Across Persian Island of Rubies
    > The IORCC XWord Puzzle:
    > http://iorcc.dyndns.org/2005/puzzles/crossword/2005.xword.png

    Is there a version available that I can do in my text editor rather than my
    big unwieldy picture editor?

    Cheers,
    Dave
    Dave Burt, Mar 24, 2005