[ANN] IronPython Community Edition r5

Sanghyeon Seo

This is the fifth release of IronPython Community Edition (IPCE).

You can download it from SourceForge.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fepy

FePy project aims to provide enhancements and add-ons for IronPython.
Visit the project homepage for more informations.
http://fepy.sourceforge.net/

Binary is built with Mono 1.2.2.1. It is strongly recommended to use
Mono versions above 1.2.2, as it fixes GC.CollectionCount issue properly.
You may meet unexplained NotImplementedError in the long-running
process otherwise. (Thanks Paolo Molaro.)

There's not much updates, but I figured that releasing early & often
would be better...

Changes in this release follow.

New IronPython

Updated to IronPython 1.1a1.

FePy options

The way site.py is (ab)used by FePy has changed. Documentation here:
http://fepy.sourceforge.net/doc/fepy-options.html

Libraries

Improved array module.
Support for CherryPy 3.
Experimental AST support.

Bundles

code and ihooks are included from Python Standard Library.
paramiko 1.6.4.

Patches

You can read the summary of applied patches here.
http://fepy.sourceforge.net/patches.html

Removed in this release, fixed in 1.1a1:
patch-ironpython-file-canseek
patch-ironpython-open-unknown-mode
patch-ironpython-re-lastgroup

New in this release, for IronPython:
patch-ironpython-compile-co-filename
patch-ironpython-set-func-name

New in this release, for Mono:
patch-ironpython-mono-socket-buffersize
patch-ironpython-tabcomplete-by-default

New in this release, for Python Standard Library:
patch-stdlib-codeop (Anthony Baxter)