    Here's an example from the project: http://gist.github.com/279641

    Have fun!

    - Charlie
    Charles Oliver Nutter, Jan 17, 2010

  2. Charles Oliver Nutter

    Roger Pack Guest

    Charles Nutter wrote:
    > Just released java-inline 0.0.3, which now supports Duby as well.
    > Install the duby gem separately.
    >
    > Here's an example from the project: http://gist.github.com/279641

    I wonder if java-inline could be used from within a C interpreter, as
    well...that might be useful for popularizing duby.

    link to the main page for the gem?

    Also is the duby example 'exactly as fast' as a straight java inline
    example would be?
    -r
    Roger Pack, Jan 19, 2010

  3. On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 9:02 PM, Roger Pack <> wrote:
    > I wonder if java-inline could be used from within a C interpreter, as
    > well...that might be useful for popularizing duby.

    It's probably possible using something like RJB. I've never used RJB
    for anything though.

    > link to the main page for the gem?

    http://www.kenai.com/projects/java-inline. There's not much there, and
    the source is located on github.com/jruby/java-inline.

    > Also is the duby example 'exactly as fast' as a straight java inline
    > example would be?

    Yes. Exactly as fast.

    - Charlie
    Charles Oliver Nutter, Jan 19, 2010
  4. Charles Oliver Nutter

    Roger Pack Guest

    Re: java-inline 0.0.3, with Duby support

    >> I wonder if java-inline could be used from within a C interpreter, as
    >> well...that might be useful for popularizing duby.

    > It's probably possible using something like RJB. I've never used RJB
    > for anything though.

    My first feature request would be to allow it to work in other
    interpreters -- I can probably speak for others by saying that I would
    definitely prefer using java inline to c inline.

    -r
    Roger Pack, Jan 21, 2010
  5. Re: java-inline 0.0.3, with Duby support

    On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:04 AM, Roger Pack <> wrote:
    >> It's probably possible using something like RJB. I've never used RJB
    >> for anything though.

    > My first feature request would be to allow it to work in other
    > interpreters -- I can probably speak for others by saying that I would
    > definitely prefer using java inline to c inline.

    Patches enthusiastically accepted :) I have never used RJB, but
    java_inline's logic is pretty trivial. All you'd need to do is compile
    the generated source, get RJB to load the class, and bind that class
    however you normally do with RJB. In JRuby it's almost no code at all;
    in RJB, it probably wouldn't be a whole lot more.

    - Charlie
    Charles Oliver Nutter, Jan 21, 2010