[ANN] Jquery_rails3 1.4.2 beta1 released

Allan Davis

I have released the first cut of jquery_rails3 gem. This gem is a rails3
generator to add the jquery rails.js and jquery to an rails app.

To install:
gem install jquery_rails3 --pre

To add jquery inside a rails3 app:
rails g jquery_install

I have the source code up on github at
http://github.com/javaalley/jquery_rails3.

Thanks,

Paul Harrington

Allan said:
I have released the first cut of jquery_rails3 gem. This gem is a
rails3
generator to add the jquery rails.js and jquery to an rails app.

To install:
gem install jquery_rails3 --pre

To add jquery inside a rails3 app:
rails g jquery_install

I have the source code up on github at
http://github.com/javaalley/jquery_rails3.

Thanks,

That rails.js file in templates.... doesn't look like rails.js, or
javascript at all for that matter?

Also it'd probably be a good idea to hold off on bundling jquery-ui
until you have an option to copy those files too (or just forgo
jquery-ui altogether...)

This would probably get more attention on the Rails list.

Allan Davis

Thanks for pointing the rails.js file Paul. I will have that fixed tonight.
I was also working on the ui option so that will be in very soon.
Allan Davis
Member of NetBeans Dream Team
http://wiki.netbeans.org/NetBeansDreamTeam
Lead Developer, nbPython
http://wiki.netbeans.org/Python
http://codesnakes.blogspot.com (my blog)
http://www.linkedin.com/in/javaalley

I have released the first cut of jquery_rails3 gem. This gem is a
rails3
generator to add the jquery rails.js and jquery to an rails app.

To install:
gem install jquery_rails3 --pre

To add jquery inside a rails3 app:
rails g jquery_install

I have the source code up on github at
http://github.com/javaalley/jquery_rails3.

Thanks,

That rails.js file in templates.... doesn't look like rails.js, or
javascript at all for that matter?

Also it'd probably be a good idea to hold off on bundling jquery-ui
until you have an option to copy those files too (or just forgo
jquery-ui altogether...)

This would probably get more attention on the Rails list.

Allan Davis

I made some adjustments and have released a beta 2. I have also included
the adding jquery ui to the install if you do --ui --components=dialog tabs
It will install the core + the dialog and tab javascripts. same goes for
effects
Please let me know what you think.