ANN: Komodo 6.0.0b1 -- adds Python 3 support

Discussion in 'Python' started by Trent Mick, Jun 11, 2010.

  1. Trent Mick

    Trent Mick Guest

    Hello all,

    We are pleased to tell you that Komodo IDE and Komodo Edit 6.0.0 Beta 1
    were released today. If you're using 6.0.0 Alpha 2 then you can use
    Komodo's auto-update mechanism. Otherwise, you can get Beta 1 at:

    http://downloads.activestate.com/Komodo/releases/6.0.0b1/

    For Pythonistas the most significant recent changes are the addition of
    Python 3 code intelligence support (i.e. autocomplete, calltips, Go To
    Definition, sections list, code browser)!

    Komodo 5 (the current production version) already supported background
    syntax checking and debugging for Python 3. This beta release finally
    rounds out Komodo's language support for Python 3.

    Test Framework Survey
    =====================

    We're running a survey on what Test Automation Frameworks people use
    (both in Python and not). We'd appreciate it if you would take the time
    to fill that out: only 4 questions. We'll post results from the survey
    on our blog (http://www.activestate.com/blog) next month. (We'll be
    giving away some t-shirts, too!)

    http://surveymonkey.com/s/june2010as

    Thanks!

    What else is in Komodo 6.0b1?
    =============================

    Other significant changes in Komodo 6.0.0b1 are:

    * New integrated toolbox
    * all your tools will now belong to one pane
    * faster loading and firing
    * tools are now standalone JSON files, that can be
    easily copied and exported
    * more features are planned
    * in the "renovations are underway in order to serve you
    better" department, tools in projects currently do not work.
    This should be fixed in the nightlies fairly soon.
    The toolbox main menu is also not operational.
    * UI improvements
    * goto-line is now an inline panel
    * child dialogs appear on same screen as Komodo window
    * better-looking icons
    * some menu rearrangements
    * Places File Manager
    * one-click access to all parent directories
    * it's now easier to move to recently visited directories
    * publishing (IDE only)
    * now works over slower connections
    * show diffs between local and remote files
    * numerous UI improvements
    * Rx toolkit (IDE only)
    * now supports JavaScript

    For a more detailed overview, check out the Komodo 6 descriptive
    features page:

    http://community.activestate.com/komodo-60-features

    As well as new features, Komodo 6 comes with a whole lot of enhancements
    and bug fixes. See the "Release Notes" section in Komodo's internal help
    viewer for the full list of changes.

    Please try it out and give us your feedback:

    bugs http://bugs.activestate.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Komodo
    forum http://community.activestate.com/products/Komodo

    Cheers,
    Trent